Venison backstrap w/ Cabernet mushroom sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bgaviator

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 9, 2010
D4980DE6-FF54-4FE4-8504-9827B80A674E.jpeg
E74BDE6B-D073-4E79-8218-4B6962F8CBB0.jpeg
5FCC45EE-DD6B-4398-BDD8-779497320D3C.jpeg
Marinated in Allegro Hickory marinade, which was good cause it gave the meat a slight smoke taste even though I was searing on high heat on the Kamado. Made a Cabernet mushroom wine sauce by first sautéing mushrooms and shallots in some oil and butter. Put in a cup of Cabernet and reduced to a little less than half. Then put in low sodium beef stock and reduced again. Finished with some salted butter. Seared the backstrap until an IT of 130. Fantastic pairing!

That looks fantastic! One of my favorite combos is med rare venison with mushrooms and red wine. That trio is a fantastic combination.

Reactions: bgaviator
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky