Vacmaster 360

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Does anyone own this specific model ? It takes the place of the 350 & 380. It is still out until middle of January.
I'm in the market for a different commercial unit. Have 4 that I have done some research on and kinda undecided. No particular order but all close to $300 range.
Vacmaster 360 - New to the market yet ( unproven). Like that it could do 16"
Cabelas commercial - has a lockdown handle for vacuum
Weston Pro 1100 - most suction power of all. Looks like have to push down on ( rather hard) to close lid.
LEM 500 - not crazy about the additional add-on roll holder.

Any opinions, your experiences, good , bad, pluses, minus of any of the above ? Or something that I have overlooked.

I had the opportunity to order the roll holder when I purchased the MaxVac 1088 as an option and declined. I just did not like it, even though it could be removed for storage or whatever. You are wise to wait for something you will be happy with.

Reactions: Winterrider
Does anyone own this specific model ? It takes the place of the 350 & 380. It is still out until middle of January.
I'm in the market for a different commercial unit. Have 4 that I have done some research on and kinda undecided. No particular order but all close to $300 range.
Vacmaster 360 - New to the market yet ( unproven). Like that it could do 16"
Cabelas commercial - has a lockdown handle for vacuum
Weston Pro 1100 - most suction power of all. Looks like have to push down on ( rather hard) to close lid.
LEM 500 - not crazy about the additional add-on roll holder.

Any opinions, your experiences, good , bad, pluses, minus of any of the above ? Or something that I have overlooked.

I own and use the Weston Pro 2100 and no complaints. I live without the roll holder and cutter because it is way more better, more efficient and cost effective for me to buy the 8x12 quart size bags rather than cut bags. I still have a big 15"x 50 foot roll that I can cut for big items but it is rarely used unless I need to seal a whole brisket, ribs, or pork butt.

I bought my parents the Weston Pro 1100 and they don't use it much so I can't talk to it's longevity or how it stands up to a lot of usage. I can tell you that it does suck and seal.

After helping them with it and using it with them I personally wouldnt buy another one based SOLELY on the fact that the lid shut mechanism gets in the way. They built this mechanism to help lock and hold down pressure as it is sucking and sealing BUT it gets in the freakin way of easily closing the lid down hahaha. So this feature that is supposed to help just creates a different problem.
Another Con for the Weston 1100 is that I don't think it can do 15" bags.

If you want to go with the Weston 2100 or 2300 I would say go for it. I think though that at the price point you are working with that.

I would recommend you go with something that is tried and true if you can find it. Vac Sealers are one of those items that you can't just guess on. Outside of a few good ones all others are just trash and fail completely and forever in within like 8 months or 10 good usages :(

I have the vacmaster pro380 it does as well as any other, I also have bad luck with vacuum sealers as they never last very long but I've had two good years with this model. The occasional need for a 15 in. bag, 50 ft. roll holder are nice, the wide seal (I believe it is 5 mm) works a little better than the narrow one that others use. The amount of vacuum pulled is adjustable and quite strong, bones always poke through the bag. Sometimes I have problems with getting it to pull a complete vacuum so I have to stop reposition the bag or hold the lid down differently. Twice the vacuum did not release and I had two turn it off and on but overall I like this model.

Last edited:
I have an older Vacmaster Pro and as has been said they are workhorses and we use it a lot. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new model from them they have come out with enough new models to know they have quality stuff.
I haven't used a Weston sealer but do have a meat tenderizer that was made by them and have used it for over 15 years. I have friends that have other Weston products and they all seem to like them so no doubt they make quality products.
I have a LEM grinder that is 15-20 years old and has ground a lot of meat over the years with no problems but they changed models about 3-4 months after I got mine then they started coming out with all the different attachments but of course they didn't fit the "older" models and they didn't bother to make any to fit those "older" models. I haven't bought anything LEM since then.
Cabelas seems to change models of sealers they sell quite often so I have no idea of what they are selling now. Personally I don't miss the lid locks that the older models had.
We also use the premade bags it's easier and it's like half the work for the machine. We also keep a roll or two of the bags to make them for the stuff that doesn't fit the premade ones.
All that said I personally would narrow it down to the Vacmaster and the Weston then figure out which one I liked the best based on stuff like machine size, warranty, features, and price.
Good luck with whichever one you choose and let us know which one you get and how well it performs.

I have the Lem 500. It has been a very good sealer. Vacuums quick and seals tight. With this covid thing going on. I have probably 300 seals done with it. All without a problem. And it is fan cooled so you can do up to 450 seals nonstop.
Here's the review I did on it.

LEM MaxVac 500 review | Smoking Meat Forums - The Best Barbecue Discussion Forum On Earth!

And I agree about the roll dispenser. And thankfully it is removable. I only use premade bags most of the time anyway.
I would recommend this unit without a problem.

Thanks Steve, I did check out that review. That is what put that unit in the running.

Reactions: Steve H
I have a VacMaster Pro380.
IMHO the 16” sealing bar and the ability to use the 15” bags is worth the extra few bucks. I use the 15” bags quite often, most often when curing a big piece of meat, or buying a bunch of Prime rib roasts at Christmas when they are on sale for $5.99 lb. I have a huge brisket in one now, because my Canadian neighbor loves Montreal smoked meat. He has it sent to him from Canada & I want to give him a Christmas gift that will be as good as the MSM he gets from Canada. I’m hoping, but he is a real picky eater. If he likes this, then I will be absolutely amazed!
Al

IMHO the 16” sealing bar and the ability to use the 15” bags is worth the extra few bucks
Thanks Al. Kinda leaning this way with whichever brand I go with. The unproven 360, I have some concerns yet.

Finally made the decision to go with the Vacmaster 360. Like the idea of 16" seal bar, pulse , and marinate options. Mid to late January is expected date. I'm sure my old Foodsaver will make the trip until then. Just can't do rapid fire seals, otherwise works ok yet.
Thanks everyone, your input was appreciated.

Reactions: tallbm and Steve H
Anyone know when the release date for this is? I preordered one as well and am curious.

I don't ned one but I too have been wondering when it will actually debut.

Last edited:
Mine has been ordered and told initially late Jan. I see on the site now it is late February. As long as they get it right.

Well I just noticed it now says mid March.......... I don't know if that is on new orders or previous orders.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky