• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Vacmaster 360

rbnice1

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 22, 2017
So got mine today! Played with it for a bit. I like the duel seals. I tried the different modes and seems like it doesnt seal very well on low vac at all. I guess you have to press down really hard to get low vac seals? Im used to my cheap POS sealer, it makes good seals with no vacuum needed.

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 26, 2012
It is not uncommon to have to apply some pressure to seal a custom sized bag you are making. Also, you may need to apply a little pressure until the vacuum has pulled the air from the chamber and then starts vacuuming the air out of the bag. I guess it depends upon the weight of the lid and alignment.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Mine just arrived today. She's a beauty Clark. Not as convenient as my food saver but vac's nicely and the seal strip is twice as wide.
20210227_181526.jpg
20210227_181526.jpg
20210227_182914.jpg

rbnice1

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 22, 2017
Mine just arrived today. She's a beauty Clark. Not as convenient as my food saver but vac's nicely and the seal strip is twice as wide.
Did yours come with a extra gasket in the roll holder area? If so any ideas what its for?

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 26, 2012
A freebie?

Last edited:

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
The lid on these don't latch? That sounds like a bit of a inconvenience.

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 26, 2012
No, they don't. The vacuum on these larger units should be sufficient to pull the lid tight with only minimal pushing down on the lid. Once you see the bag collapsing just leave the lid alone.

Short test video:

Last edited:

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Did yours come with a extra gasket in the roll holder area? If so any ideas what its for?
It did. It's a replacement. For either top or bottom.
It kinda is. You have to wait until most of the air is vacuumed out of the bag before it will hold itself down.

rbnice1

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 22, 2017
Have you tried it on low vac or moist food? cause mine wouldnt hold the lid on those settings during testing.

olaf

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 4, 2017
Have you tried it on low vac or moist food? cause mine wouldnt hold the lid on those settings during testing.
Have you tried the vacmaster bags? I have the pro 380 and the vacmaster bags seem to work a little better than others. We don't have the low vac option just have to hit the manual seal button at the precise moment.

rbnice1

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 22, 2017
yea I was using there 8" roll for testing. That said it is brand new so the seal is pretty stiff.

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 26, 2012
So, how are the new 360's working out?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.