Help. Looking at a chamber sealer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

jkc64

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 7, 2011
Portland, TN.
I am looking to purchase a chamber sealer and would like to know if anyone here can sway me one way or the other. I am looking at the vacmaster vp210 and vp215 as well as the lem maxvac pro. I have been doing lots if reading and am leaning toward the vacmaster vp215. Any advice from members here that have any of these chambers? I have narrowed my choices for the following reasons. I currently use a weston pro-2300 but am interested in the wet sealing option of a chamber sealer.

VacMaster VP210 maintenance free
VacMaster VP215 quieter
MaxVac Pro 5 year warranty

Any opinions on these choices or is there something else I should be looking at?

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
I ended up with the VP230, and am totally in love with it.

jkc64

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 7, 2011
Portland, TN.
I have an avid armor chamber sealer and it is a work horse for me for over two years.... Plus it's made in the good ole' USA.
They have one that looks interesting but it is a new model and there are no reviews anywhere that I can find. I don't think I want to spend that much money for a new untested model.

Lonzinomaker

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 8, 2018
I have the Lem from Costco. Couldn't justify the cost of going with any of the VPs based on the amount of use I have. I did think the build/parts of the VP might be better than the LEM, but again the cost was deciding factor for me.

jkc64

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 7, 2011
Portland, TN.
I don't have a Costco anywhere near me and the same machine is 400.00 from Lem. I do like the larger chamber height of the VP chamber. Also doesn't hurt that I have a little 3rd quarter bonus check to cover the price.

3montes

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Dec 26, 2007
Beautifull shores of Lake Superior
I have the Vacmaster Duo 550 it's a chamber vac and a suction sealer for things that won't easily fit in the chamber like a long fish fillet. Had it for 7 years maybe more. No issues with it at all. I rarely find use for the suction part but it's there if I need it.

cutplug

Meat Mopper
Dec 31, 2020
Great Northwest
I don't have a Costco anywhere near me and the same machine is 400.00 from Lem. I do like the larger chamber height of the VP chamber. Also doesn't hurt that I have a little 3rd quarter bonus check to cover the price.
You can order online. The same sealer at LEM is actually 1,099.99. Costco is 649.99.
Model 1380.

river100

Fire Starter
Sep 2, 2017
I am looking to purchase a chamber sealer and would like to know if anyone here can sway me one way or the other. I am looking at the vacmaster vp210 and vp215 as well as the lem maxvac pro. I have been doing lots if reading and am leaning toward the vacmaster vp215. Any advice from members here that have any of these chambers? I have narrowed my choices for the following reasons. I currently use a weston pro-2300 but am interested in the wet sealing option of a chamber sealer.

VacMaster VP210 maintenance free
VacMaster VP215 quieter
MaxVac Pro 5 year warranty

Any opinions on these choices or is there something else I should be looking at?

The one thing you don't want is a maintenance free chamber sealer. Get one with a pump that uses oil. It will last longer, might even get better vacuum.

jkc64

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 7, 2011
Portland, TN.
The one thing you don't want is a maintenance free chamber sealer. Get one with a pump that uses oil. It will last longer, might even get better vacuum.
That is the conclusion I came up with. I ordered the vacmaster vp215 from Vaccum Sealers Unlimited. lisa b lisa b actually called me Monday afternoon to verify my order, make sure I didn't need a lift gate and as it's being delivered to a business what are the delivery hours and is an appointment needed. Acts like she has done this before.

poacherjoe

Smoking Fanatic
Nov 7, 2019
Central Ca
That is the conclusion I came up with. I ordered the vacmaster vp215 from Vaccum Sealers Unlimited. lisa b lisa b actually called me Monday afternoon to verify my order, make sure I didn't need a lift gate and as it's being delivered to a business what are the delivery hours and is an appointment needed. Acts like she has done this before.
I would make sure that you are there to see the delivery ! I had some AGM batteries shipped to me UPS and the driver rolled what was left of the boxes and batteries of his truck and let them drop 2 feet to his lift gate ! Video taped the whole thing and sent it to the Company I purchased them from. They sent 2 new batteries ! The Reason I am telling you this is that 215 is heavy and nowadays nobody wants to hurt their back and most delivery guy's are lazy. Good luck

jkc64

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 7, 2011
Portland, TN.
That is the reason I ordered from Vacuum Sealers Unlimited, they ship as freight. Amazon was about 20.00 cheaper but who knows how they would deliver it. I will be there for the delivery, I am the parts manager at an auto dealership and the shipping/receiving is part of my dept. I also have a forklift.

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Oct 7, 2012
Texas Gulf Coast
I'm on my second VP320. First one was destroyed in a house fire. Lisa at vacuumsealersunlimited took good care of the ordering. Ordered on a Monday and received it by freight the following Monday, drop shipped directly from ARY

jkc64

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 7, 2011
Portland, TN.
I received in perfect condition. I have only used it a couple of times so far but am very impressed.

Reactions: Nodak21

sbaker25

Jan 3, 2023
Old thread but FWIW, I got my new chamber sealer from JVR about a month ago and I love it. https://jvrinc.com/jvr-vac100-vacuum-packaging-machine

I've bought a lot of LEM equipment and been happy with them, but the form factor of the vac100 specifically was appealing to me and I based my decision on a number of YouTube comparison reviews. JVR, from what I understand, has a long history of making industrial vacuum sealers and only more recently started making equipment for home use.

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Oct 7, 2012
Texas Gulf Coast
Old thread but FWIW, I got my new chamber sealer from JVR about a month ago and I love it. https://jvrinc.com/jvr-vac100-vacuum-packaging-machine

I've bought a lot of LEM equipment and been happy with them, but the form factor of the vac100 specifically was appealing to me and I based my decision on a number of YouTube comparison reviews. JVR, from what I understand, has a long history of making industrial vacuum sealers and only more recently started making equipment for home use.
I seriously looked at this model, but passed on it as I couldn't find too much info about it online. I had experience with the Vacmaster 320 as I had one previously.

Latest posts