Vacuum sealer experiences. opinions requested.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

okiwen

Original poster
Sep 12, 2015
So time comes to ask for or experiences. I need to replace a VacMaster Pro350.

I have been offered a chamber sealer for roughly 50% off and am not sure that I need something that takes that much counter/storage. A VP95 for $465...is it worth that?

I did see a VacMasterPro360 at a restaurant supply for $329, but since they are no longer being made, I wonder if I'd be better off waiting for the next generation.

LEM has the detachable bag tray that I am not a fan of, and I am not sure if they can be repaired or if parts like the seal tape will be available.

I have looked at the Inkbird VS03 as a stop gap until I can pull the trigger.

I appreciate all points of view and experiences as I am not a sealer professional.

Thank you.

So time comes to ask for or experiences. I need to replace a VacMaster Pro350.

I have been offered a chamber sealer for roughly 50% off and am not sure that I need something that takes that much counter/storage. A VP95 for $465...is it worth that?

I did see a VacMasterPro360 at a restaurant supply for $329, but since they are no longer being made, I wonder if I'd be better off waiting for the next generation.

LEM has the detachable bag tray that I am not a fan of, and I am not sure if they can be repaired or if parts like the seal tape will be available.

I have looked at the Inkbird VS03 as a stop gap until I can pull the trigger.

I appreciate all points of view and experiences as I am not a sealer professional.

Thank you.
got the Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq because i thought my "experienced" vac was taking a shit. didn't know if it was my bags or the vac. At any rate the new inkbird sucks and seals great.

Reactions: okiwen
I've owned an 11" Food Saver for eight years now. I paid 10.00 for it but now I need something bigger and the VP95 is certainly on my list. For me, having one a bit too big once in a while is far better than one too small quite a number of times here lately. And the price you've been quoted...I'd do it in a heartbeat!

I've owned an 11" Food Saver for eight years now. I paid 10.00 for it but now I need something bigger and the VP95 is certainly on my list. For me, having one a bit too big once in a while is far better than one too small quite a number of times here lately. And the price you've been quoted...I'd do it in a heartbeat!
I have had a chinesium chamber sealer for a number of years. Customer service is abysmal, I had to manufacture a sealing bar since spares were not possible, but in spite of all of the problems, I would do it all over again. I had a restaurant, and when I cut steaks, they were vac packed two to a bag. We did filets, ribeyes, new yorks and pork loins that were all cut from a subprimal. That machine paid for itself several times since the vac pack process gave us about another week in the fridge. Before the chamber sealer, I had a couple suck type sealers, and the expensive bags nearly killed me. non chamber bags are about 35 cents each, and chamber bags are about 4 cents. They are also much more versatile. Bought mine from fleabay, I think it was less than 400 bucks. Still runs great, and I have parts for another sealing strip.

I have the LEM Maxvac 250. Great machine. It does not want to auto seal sometimes but no big deal I just hit the seal button manually. Never failed to vac and seal yet and we vac a lot of stuff.

Just worked my inkbird for 36 straight cycles sealing up steaks from rib roast sale. Other than burning my little finger a bit holding bags so wife could latch. Not a hickup. Third year I've had it

I have (had?) a Ziplock sealer. It actually worked pretty well until it got a big gulp of clam juice.
Out of business. The vac units were so-so, but the bags were top quality and I really miss them.
Picked up a Cabelas basic unit for $100. It works very well. Vac is sometimes a bit slow, but not a show stopper.

Webstruant store has the Vacmaster 360 for 250 bucks. I have one and it's rock solid. I use it now as a backup for my Vacmaster 320 chamber sealer

Thank you all for your experiences. I will continue to read them and learn.

Make sure you get one that is easy to clean. The Ink bird does not have a removable tray and after cleaning had smoke come out several times. I ended up and throwing it out. I have one now that the sealing chamber detaches from the unit for easy clean.

i have the LEM maxvac chamber sealer i got online from Costco. I love it, bags are inexpensive, sealing food under 40 seconds, yes it heavy but it stays on a cart on wheels and i dont have to pick up up much so it doesn't bother me. In my opinion chamber sealers if you can afford it and have the room are the way to go

Make sure you get one that is easy to clean. The Ink bird does not have a removable tray and after cleaning had smoke come out several times. I ended up and throwing it out. I have one now that the sealing chamber detaches from the unit for easy clean.
Which one would that be? I was considering the Inkbird as a stop gap...but, not now necessarily.

i have the LEM maxvac chamber sealer i got online from Costco. I love it, bags are inexpensive, sealing food under 40 seconds, yes it heavy but it stays on a cart on wheels and i dont have to pick up up much so it doesn't bother me. In my opinion chamber sealers if you can afford it and have the room are the way to go
I thought that the $465 for the VP95 chamber that I was offered was a good price, but if the VacMasterPro(next gen) works for $299, then that buys my Dr. Pepper.

Webstruant store has the Vacmaster 360 for 250 bucks. I have one and it's rock solid. I use it now as a backup for my Vacmaster 320 chamber sealer
Yes. Very tempting and on my short list. My concern is that Ary will cease to support with replacement parts.

I ordered and received a InkBird vacuum sealer. It arrived and I saw that the accessories hose is incompatible with any of my other sealer stuff! Very disappointed. Immediately reboxed for return. Two female type ends on this sealer hose.

I have a foodsasver 4840used for 8 years and it’s still like new. I only buy their bags too.

That one I bought a few weeks ago messed up all ready. My third one in couple months had to return. Sam's had a foodsaver on sale for $100. Hopefully this one will work for a while.

I'll echo the chamber style if you have the room. I bought an AtmoVac Diablo after my Foodsaver gave up the ghost and I'll never go back.

Anova now makes one for home use that often comes on sale. If this had been around at the time I bought I would have given it a shot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky