Vacuum sealer experiences. opinions requested.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Most comments are the Anova Chamber is much smaller than the advertising makes it appear. I shopped the Anova chamber before getting my Cabelas sucker unit.
Zero doubt. I was surprised at the advertised dimensions after seeing the pics. Just a suggestion for someone who's on the fence budget wise. Personally I'd rather have a small chamber than a large Food saver style.

Appreciate the counterpoint! I've suggested it to a few people and I will pass that info on before they buy.

Reactions: okiwen
I have been using a Weston pro 2200 for about 12 years or so no issues. Its large does two bags at once. Weston still makes them. picked this up years ago when gander mountain was closing up.

I am in the market to replace my Avid Armor AV3100. I bought it about 4 years ago. Last year it stopped auto-sealing on the cycles. This was not a big deal I just had to push the seal button when ready. After owning it 3 years I contacted support and they repaired it free of charge, I just had to pay shipping to them. This past November it would seal okay for 2 bags then labor and not pull a full vacuum. I contacted support and they offered me a 20% discount on a new product as this model was discontinued and no parts are available. I did remember that I had an extended warranty. I got it for free during a special promo. I filed and got a full $190 refund. Lucky me as I usually dont I purchase these warranties.

I dont use a sealer that often, maybe a few small batches of sausage , veggies in a year. Yet I have gone through 2 units in the last 10 years. I may try a chamber sealer this go around.

My brother in law has a Vevor chamber, not sure of the model number. He has had it a few years.

Vevor Sealers.

Or I may go with another Avid Armour given their decent support and 20% offer.

Let me know your options as I really dont have any brand loyalty.

RG

I am in the market to replace my Avid Armor AV3100. I bought it about 4 years ago. Last year it stopped auto-sealing on the cycles. This was not a big deal I just had to push the seal button when ready. After owning it 3 years I contacted support and they repaired it free of charge, I just had to pay shipping to them. This past November it would seal okay for 2 bags then labor and not pull a full vacuum. I contacted support and they offered me a 20% discount on a new product as this model was discontinued and no parts are available. I did remember that I had an extended warranty. I got it for free during a special promo. I filed and got a full $190 refund. Lucky me as I usually dont I purchase these warranties.

I dont use a sealer that often, maybe a few small batches of sausage , veggies in a year. Yet I have gone through 2 units in the last 10 years. I may try a chamber sealer this go around.

My brother in law has a Vevor chamber, not sure of the model number. He has had it a few years.

Vevor Sealers.

Or I may go with another Avid Armour given their decent support and 20% offer.

Let me know your options as I really dont have any brand loyalty.

RG
I have owned an Avid Armour USV32 chamber sealer for six months and love it. It's a work horse and just light enough that I can put it away a cupboard when I want to. Their customer support has been fantastic.

I recently moved and used it to seal all of my wife's perfume so it didn't leak. It worked great!

Attachments

• chamber-sealed-perfume.jpg
    chamber-sealed-perfume.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 3
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky