Used WSM + Goodies, $100. Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by shlongstar, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Hey Guys,

I ran across a craigslist ad for a WSM 18.5" in good condition (3-4 yrs old), along with a cover, rib rack, heat resistant gloves, remote meat and smoker thermometer, and a "good quantity" of smoke woods... all for $100.

This is a good deal, yeah? Obviously depends on the brand of all the other goodies too, but I called the guy relatively late and he didn't know the brands off the top of his head, so I didn't make him go check. Mainly cause I figured the smoker itself was decent at $100.

I wasn't planning on buying a WSM really... but it just seemed like such a good deal, and I figured I would eventually dive into charcoal smoking... so I already made the deal [​IMG]

I'm picking it up tomorrow morning... hopefully the wife doesn't rip my head off cause I JUST bought a brand new Weber kettle as well [​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think... haha.

2. Holy cow he just e-mailed me back, it's a Maverick ET-73.

I always knew I needed two of these... [​IMG]

3. danmcg

danmcg Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Sweet deal. tell the wife you bought it for her.

4. rickw

rickw Master of the Pit OTBS Member

You did very good. I looked forever on CL for one, never did find one. I ended up with a new one.

5. chisoxjim

chisoxjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

really good deal imho..

6. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Yeah, you scored! Nice haul for even double the money.

7. Yeah, definitely scored :)

Picked it up this morning in the rain.

WSM is in good condition, ET-73 works well, Weber rib rack, a Kingston charcoal bin filled with cherry wood chunks, another bin filled with apple chunks, and a bag of alder.

Can't wait for the rain to stop so I clean out this badboy and smoke something!

8. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    very nice score!

9. rickw

rickw Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I guess you did, congrats.