US Foods Chef Store Open in North Dallas!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tallbm

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2016
Texas
A no-membership needed restaurant supply food store has opened in North Dallas TX. It has all kinds of goodies and wholesale prices! I discovered it while dodging highway traffic last week. I saw this brand new looking US Foods Chef Store and was like "Interesting, I better stop by that place."

The way it works for the meat is they often have individual items you can buy like 1 pack of ribs, or 1 brisket for good prices BUT you can buy cases of the same thing for much better prices.

I walked the entire store and they had bone in pork butt for less than $0.91 a pound!
The chicken was ridiculously inexpensive as well and I got 20 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast for just over $2 a pound. If I had bought by the case it was like $0.91 a pound!

Whole hams were super cheap like less than $1/pound as well and they had pork bellies both skinned and not skinned for highest price at $2/pound.

I noticed they had whole frozen lamb in the freezer section as well as a bunch of other interesting items like beef cheek, beef shoulder clod, etc. and other items all over the store.

Veggies are available as well but be ready to buy in major bulk. They had 50 pounds of onions and 50 pound bags of potatoes for $9.99 each!

In the dry grocery they had spices, foil, canned goods, etc.
Be sure to check out their spices section. I got a big plastic hand size container of whole Bay Leaf for like $4 I think. Which is just a little more than what I think I would pay for a small bottle at the grocery store.

Just be sure you are ready to buy in a little bit of bulk. Not all items come in options of 1 or 2. For instance the smallest increment of chicken breast was 20 pounds but I could have bought 1 rack of spares or baby back ribs or 1 brisket. Also I could have bought a 2 pack of mustard or a case lol.

The store is located on Alpha road just West of the Dallas North Tollway by about a block or so. If you know where the Galleria mall is then it is just west on Alpha road by about 3-4 blocks.
See the google map here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/U...d=0ahUKEwjWycT3go3aAhUGd6wKHVMmCIUQ_BIImQEwCg

Anyhow if you are near the North Dallas area and you want to buy some items that are harder to come by and at good meat prices feel free to check this place out. Just be prepared that you may end up buying more than you expected in some cases :)

Enjoy!

I wish they would build one of those here in Kansas City!
Yeah I think the guy said there are only 5 in the US. They are trying to compete with Restaurant Supply stores is what he sad. I've never seen that one anywhere.

A little over an hour from SW Fort Worth for me.
I believe you've mentioned shopping at Winco in the past. Just an FYI, there is one opening up at the George Bush Tollway and Josey Lane in North Dallas (technically Carrollton).

I'll have to check it out as well, I've never been in one :)

Man that sounds awesome! i usually buy my meats when ever they are one sale and buy 4-6 cuts of what im getting. Everything seem like good quality? ive never been/heard of these stores i normally go to sams.

Man that sounds awesome! i usually buy my meats when ever they are one sale and buy 4-6 cuts of what im getting. Everything seem like good quality? ive never been/heard of these stores i normally go to sams.
They have varying qualities on some cuts. I saw whole brisket packers in options of Select, Choice, Angus, and Prime.
I didn't check other cuts of beef but I imagine they have some varying quality options on stuff like Ribeye roasts and such so you can cut your own steaks.

The boneless skinless chicken I bought was not of bad quality but they were different from what I was imagining. You can't really get a good look at them since it is 20 pounds worth in a big box.
They didn't have the tenderloin and were cut/trimmed kind of flat. Definitely cut to be more uniform in size which can be important for cooking so much of it. I man I smoked 20 pounds at once in my MES and they ALL finished at the same time and temp across 3 full racks. I've never had that happen before and I think it was because they were all trimmed/cut to be so uniform and a in kind of a flatter/thinner shape.

As for the non chicken stuff that you can pick up and see, I think it was all good quality with no issues. The pork had brands like Smithfield or Pioneer-something-or-other.
I didn't see any brand names on the beef stuff but again the grades were listed on the signs and labeling on the packages.

I did notice that their Prime brisket was just a little more expensive than Costco's but not by much. So some things are great price, some may not be, but overall those prices couldn't be beat :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky