Umai --- Pepperoni-- bagged ----tagged and ready to hang

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Have done my own traditional dried and semi-dried (have all the equipment)  -----have seen very little difference in the end product using the bags. BUT-- the bags are so much easier to use, especially for beginners.

I use my own or modified recipes and my own spices.

The pepperoni was excellent---but will up the anise and fennel next time.

The one sopresata was great the other was a complete failure  -----just didn't like the spicing.

The family informed me that some of the pepperoni was sliced to thick---and I agree---very thin slices, almost paper thin seems to be the preference.

Blaise

Have done my own traditional dried and semi-dried (have all the equipment)  -----have seen very little difference in the end product using the bags. BUT-- the bags are so much easier to use, especially for beginners.

I use my own or modified recipes and my own spices.

The pepperoni was excellent---but will up the anise and fennel next time.

The one sopresata was great the other was a complete failure  -----just didn't like the spicing.

The family informed me that some of the pepperoni was sliced to thick---and I agree---very thin slices, almost paper thin seems to be the preference.

Blaise
Hi Blaise,

I have made the hot smoked version of pep before several times. It just is not the same in my opinion. I ordered some of the 32 mm bags last night. It looks like you like the traditional style pep also with the anise and fennel prevalent. Same here. Can You share the recipes that were successful for the sopressata and pep?  The reason I ask is  a while back while learning about bacon curing and corned beef, I thought YouTube was the place to learn.   I did LEARN...... corned beef that so salty i threw it away even after trying to soak it for a day changing the water, and boiling it for three hours, and bacon that was just a not good at all. It was a tire patch with salt on both sides!

That said, this forum has experienced folks that share good practice and good end results! 

That is a blessing! Thanks for the post on your experience.

The post with the Cheese and hot links, and pickles was interesting!

I saw a post somewhere about a person making Pastrami Sandwiches in his restaurant and then creating a recipe for RYE pickles to add RYE flavor to the sandwich. Genius!

I live in Texas now days with roots in Ohio for 50 years of my life. We had Rye bread and Real Pastrami Ny and Jersey style there.. I have to make my own pastrami here!  One of of my next quests is to make a great savory RYE bread for my Pastrami. The saving grace is that Brisket is  $1.99Here just about year round. 

DDR

Last edited:
What is the 1/2 cup NFDM in the ginger sausage from POLI. 
I get it now NON FAT DRY MILK lol

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky