UDS Brisket

Discussion in 'Beef' started by dcmak, Aug 4, 2015.

1. dcmak

dcmak Newbie

Fired up the ol drum this weekend for a little smoke action.... Brisket was rubbed with a dirty dalmatian and smoked with hickory chunks for roughly 9 hours at 275. Probably my best brisket to date as far as tender and flavor.

jcollins likes this.
  2. That looks very good POINTS   

3. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I gave you points for this one. That's a Marvelous looking Brisket . Thanks for inviti ng us to look .

The bend test wasgreat and youhad a great SmokeRing.:drool.

:points:

Have fun and . . .

4. Haha at the "dirty Dalmatian". LOL

5. I thought that was a funny name as well... But whats in the dirty dalmation

6. dcmak

dcmak Newbie

Thanks Oldschool every brisket they get a little better each cook... 

7. bryce

bryce Smoking Fanatic

No doubt about it, that looks great!!

Bryce

8. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks like that ugly drum is turning out some great Q! Nice smoke!

9. shelton573

shelton573 Meat Mopper

Hey DC,

Did you wrap the brisket?  Just curious because I have wanted to do a brisket on my drum but I am in the research process at the moment.  Thanks!

Shelton

10. dcmak

dcmak Newbie

Yes if it stalls I will crutch it. But I found once wrapped in foil it breaks the stall fast. Just be careful not to over cook watch temps close. I don't know how you have your UDS set up but I have a Old Smokey bottom charcoal plate ( the bottom of the old smokey ) as a heat deflector. On my long cooks I do use a aluminum pan with water on top of the deflector.

11. shelton573

shelton573 Meat Mopper

Mine is just a two rack direct heat.  I have been meaning to put a plate in it because it will char the bottom of ribs slightly after about 5 hrs and I hope to do away with that.  If brisket wasn't so damn expensive I would just throw it the UDS direct heat with fat side down and see what happens but I really don't want to screw it up. 

Shelton