Tried a Hawaiian Theme meal= Thank God for the Cake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yep, we watched that show as well. We really enjoy going. A couple pics from the Veranda at the Franklin

View attachment 627270

That space is only about a year old, added the bandstand and greenspace for concerts and what not. In the winter it's converted to ice skating rink.

View attachment 627271

Notice difference in amount of trees...from the last forest fires they had.
We are always there during end of July and Day's of 76 rodeo. Think in August they have a huge car show which would be cool to see as well. Alot of history there for sure.

Ryan
Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve been there. Looks way different! That has to be fun! I love the history there. I lived in downtown Leavenworth for a year, that had a lot of cool old west history too.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Alot of history there for sure

Yes we always wanted to go to Montana, as a great friend of ours is from there, but he moved and bought a mountian in BC Canada . But would still like someday travel through all that area, because of the history . And I really enjoy that time in history

David

Alot of history there for sure

Yes we always wanted to go to Montana, as a great friend of ours is from there, but he moved and bought a mountian in BC Canada . But would still like someday travel through all that area, because of the history . And I really enjoy that time in history

David

I'm on speaking terms with the OP so this is not a hyjack of the original post

LOL.
I love all things western, and that has been a big dream of mine and Mona said it would be fun also. To travel to all the places and see things I have read about and seen movies of .

Oh to be younger and rich, lol

David

I'm on speaking terms with the OP so this is not a hyjack of the original post

LOL.
I love all things western, and that has been a big dream of mine and Mona said it would be fun also. To travel to all the places and see things I have read about and seen movies of .

Oh to be younger and rich, lol

David
You ever find time to read books? I love Louis L'Amour as an author! Haven't read all of his books but have quite a few. Mostly all about the old west...so much detail you almost feel like you're there.

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Where is this Jed
David
North of Kansas City in Kansas. Well known for the prisons, it has a massive history with Santa Fe Trail, Indian Wars, Lewis and Clarke, civil war, Lincoln announced he was running for president there, etc. Weston Missouri is only about 20min away and it has the greatest bar in the world, O’Malleys Pub. It’s about 100 feet underground in a wine cellar dug by German immigrants in 1800s. Tons of history all over there.

You ever find time to read books? I love Louis L'Amour as an author! Haven't read all of his books but have quite a few. Mostly all about the old west...so much detail you almost feel like you're there.

Ryan

I used to read some years ago, and that is what I would read . He had lots and lots of books. And a lot turned into movies
I used to like a lot of Audie Murphy movies also

And I also like a lot of Charlie Russell's artwork and sculptures Remington paintings are good also I like the history of Charlie Russell how he became a painter sculptor

David

I wouldn't call that meal a fail, David. That burger was so big, it needed a knife and fork anyway.
Your cake sounded great and you really had me on it--right up to the sweetened coconut. :emoji_tired_face::emoji_tired_face::emoji_tired_face:
Gary

Thanks Gary for the likes and the wow I still think you should try the cake even with the
coconut in it :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:
The burger was good just the bun wasn't any good for it. But I still ate it all. Just not the donut as a bun, ate them as desert for my lunches that week

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky