Tri Tip Part Duex with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solar

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
I'm really liking these Tri Tips, after smoking one last week, I knew that I needed a good piece of meat to feed the guys coming over for the Bucs game. I found a good butcher thanks to Vlap, (Oneco's Meats) that hand picks and tirms them for you. I got a 2.6 pounder, and it's like butter. My plan was to smoke it to 150° then foil and rest for an hour, then cut into strips for Fajita's.

I marinaded it over night in my special secret recipe, can you guess what it is??

I cut up some peppers, onions and mushrooms, and I tossed them in EVOO and some really cheap red wine.

Cut some of the best avacadoes I've found lately and made guacamole.

Pulled the pepper, onions, and mushrooms after 3 hours on the smoker, they were heavenly.

Pulled the Tri Tip after a hour rest (it took about 4 hours @ 210°) and sliced into thin strips, then cut the strips into thinner strips, and wala, Fajita meat.

Forgot to get a picture of the final project, but once the meat and fixin's hit the table it was a free for all. There were no leftovers............

I love the Tri Tip, and I'm going to be smoking a bunch more!

That is fantastic!
Great details and nice pics!!

I NEVER give points, but i am now! (you made me hungry)
cool.gif

Thanks for the Points and comments!!
icon_smile.gif

It's funny when you mention if I'm from Texas; everytime I mention the cut Tri Tip, I either get a weird look, or I'm asked if I'm from California or Texas. The Tri Tip cut in these parts are pretty much unknown, the meat cutters here, either make sizzlers or grind them up as ground sirloin.
cool.gif

Thanks, smokebuzz, the guac was great, I just finished it off with the left over Torilla chips.
smile.gif

bbq bubba, thanks for the points!! I really love southwestern cooking, it's just sooo good.
biggrin.gif

Excellent meal my friend, thanks for the Q VIEW. Funny how lately Tri Tips are the bomb. Glad you're enjoying that cut, no matter where you are, it's all good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky