Tomato Pie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I use the Pillsbury frozen crust. The type that needs thawed out, unrolled, the pressed into a pie pan. The instructions said to bake it (at 400°) before adding ingredients. I did.

I'm no help on the smoker temps issue.

I use the Pillsbury frozen crust. The type that needs thawed out, unrolled, the pressed into a pie pan. The instructions said to bake it (at 400°) before adding ingredients. I did.

I'm no help on the smoker temps issue.
I just got Walmart Brand ones that weren't frozen. I might just do this in the oven to be fair, no idea yet.

So I am going to do this for dinner, or at least get it cooked today...but Uh, if my smoker only goes to 275f <MES electric> ..should I just do this right in the oven?

Also should I prebake the pie crusts for this or no?
Yes,pre bake the crust. I smoked mine and then finished it off in the oven.
My crusts came in their own foil pan.

So I am going to do this for dinner, or at least get it cooked today...but Uh, if my smoker only goes to 275f <MES electric> ..should I just do this right in the oven?

Also should I prebake the pie crusts for this or no?
Pre bake crust as directed, NO do it in the smoker, it's the charcoal flavor that puts this over the top. I guess just leave it in longer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky