Tomahawk with Smoked Butter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Smoked and Reverse Seared Tomahawk with homemade Smoked Butter!

20210709_194531.jpg

20210709_194607.jpg

I posted this in Beef but the real star is the homemade Smoked Butter!

The Tomahawk was smoked at 275F until it hit 130F IT then tossed on the grill for a sear until it hit 140F.

I then topped it with some Smoked Butter that I made. Started off by smoking the heavy cream and salting it with homemade Smoked Kosher Salt.

Too bad there is no cut pic. I want to like it, but these days you just never know, that thing could be made of plastic. Lol

Too bad you've missed the point of my post.

I don't have any need to lie or post fake pictures. I also don't have any need for "Likes". I don't use photoshop or any filters. Every photo I post is taken with my cell phone as is and posted that way.

Looks pretty good to me. I like the cutting board too. How long did it take to make the butter?

Reactions: kilo charlie
Also the wife walked by when I was looking at the pic and said “That looks good”. What the heck she spying on me for. Lol

Looks pretty good to me. I like the cutting board too. How long did it take to make the butter?

Thank you!

I made the cutting boards a couple years ago then COVID hit and the wood shop closed.

I smoked the cream for 90 minutes and then let it cool to room temp and in the refrigerator for another hour before going in the mixer for about 20 minutes.

If you were just making regular butter likely less than 30 minutes total from start to finish.

Also the wife walked by when I was looking at the pic and said “That looks good”. What the heck she spying on me for. Lol

Tell her I said Thank you!

Nice tomahawk ya got there

Thank you!

Very nice looking steak. You can certainly see from the color that it was smoked prior to ringing up to final temp. You went a tad further with it than I would have but that's the beauty of cooking for yourself: do it however you like it. Nice job....and I gave you a "like" because I like the thread :emoji_wink:

Robert

Very nice looking steak. You can certainly see from the color that it was smoked prior to ringing up to final temp. You went a tad further with it than I would have but that's the beauty of cooking for yourself: do it however you like it. Nice job....and I gave you a "like" because I like the thread :emoji_wink:

Robert

Thank you!

You can certainly see from the color that it was smoked
Yup .
Charlie , I think I commented on the steak in the other thread , so on to the butter .
I don't smoke it , but I will mix it up with some spice , then roll it up in wax paper to form it . Into the freezer and cut off what I need .
So you actually made the butter ?

Yup .
Charlie , I think I commented on the steak in the other thread , so on to the butter .
I don't smoke it , but I will mix it up with some spice , then roll it up in wax paper to form it . Into the freezer and cut off what I need .
So you actually made the butter ?

Yes..
I actually made the butter. I was planning another post just about the butter but I didn't want to clog up the main page with just my threads.

I'm not sure what other thread you're referring to?

Compound Butters are amazing!

Was it you that did the smoked tomahawk thread ?

I've only done a couple of them. I did post about a smoked ribeye but it wasn't a Tomahawk.

I'm pretty sure this is the first Tomahawk posting I've done. Haha either way it was delicious and definitely on my splurge list!

I did post about a smoked ribeye but it wasn't a Tomahawk.
Well I guess it was someone else . Steak looks great .
I actually made the butter. I was planning another post just about the butter but I didn't want to clog up the main page with just my threads.
I for one appreciate that . Gives others a chance to have something up .
I'm the same . I try to space it out .
I'd like to see you put it up though . I'm interested in how you did it .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky