1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Tomahawk Steak Sale--Choice

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by mneeley490, Jun 12, 2019 at 11:52 PM.

1. mneeley490

mneeley490 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Bought these beauties tonight at Fred Meyer's. They are mainly in the PNW, but it is owned by Kroger, so maybe check at other Kroger stores. No way I was going to pass them up for $6.49 lb.
    20190612_195004.jpg 20190612_204557.jpg 20190612_211830.jpg
    The biggest 3 are about 2.5 lb apiece, and the 2 runts weigh in at 1.75 lb and 2.0 lb.
    Vac sealed and 3 went into the freezer; the other 2 will go on the grill this Sunday. :emoji_sunglasses:

chopsaw, smokerjim and CigarLlama like this.
  2. jcam222

jcam222 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Damn, hope my Kroger has those this weekend

3. I would swing by Kroger, but since I bought 2 of these at Sam's Club yesterday. Luckily at Sam's Club they are only $9.99/lb. So I don't feel too bad about it.

4. They have those in the ad for the Fred Meyers here but it says it is only Fri-Sun.

5. mneeley490

mneeley490 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

These weren't in our ad, but I had asked the butcher a few weeks ago when they might get more in. He said, "Close to Father's Day." So I hit them up on Wednesday when the ad circular starts. I might sneak out of the house past the wife, and get a couple more today.
    Kind of timely, considering the email that Jeff sent out a couple days ago.

CigarLlama likes this.
  6. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Oh Yeah!!
    Those are some Fine looking Rib Steaks!!!
    Be back for the finished products!!

Bear

7. smokerjim

smokerjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

nice looking steaks