First time making snack sticks and some new toys.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The big long bent heavy ones that came with the Auber controller would split the casings as soon as I stuck them in. I left one in a split casing and didn't even attempt the other. I probably could have just waited for a few hours and the big ones might work.
Put the probe near the top...about 4" down from the hanging bar and then put the probe wire over the bar to hold the weight of the probe....won't tear. You're welcome. I had the same problem 15 years ago, this is how I solved it.

Put the probe near the top...about 4" down from the hanging bar and then put the probe wire over the bar to hold the weight of the probe....won't tear. You're welcome. I had the same problem 15 years ago, this is how I solved it.
Thanks! Why didn't I think of that!

Reactions: indaswamp
Very nice sticks.... I have the 30# cabelas. I would have to add too much water to the meat to run sticks through it. Since its the original model and parts are not available any more I have to go easy with it. I do have an extra metal gear for the motor. The original motor came with plastic gears that would fail. They made a metal gear to fix the issue. With the metal gear my 30# is very loud now.

Reactions: navigator
WOW nice sticks, write up and set-up Rich. I just ate a slim jim and now must bow my head in disgrace.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: navigator
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky