Todays smoke..Bacon with Q-view..Finally..the money shot!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
Followed Bearcarvers excellent how to and it has been resting in the fridge with a heavy coating of pepper,onion powder and granular garlic.

Loaded the amazen with apple and some alder.

Put the amazen in the dry water pan.

MES at 100.

I may run 2 amazen loads.

Have a great day!!

Craig

cdae0434_001.jpg

Last edited:
lookin' good.andd i would run 2 loads of dust with the AMNS, i ran it twice with 2 different AMNSs (that would be 4 total).

Out of the smoker.

amazen runs 9.5 hours smoking time.

Shut the Mes off after 4 hours.

Still warm at removal time.

af9ab2a5_005.jpg

Man Craig you are on a roll - I have never seen anyone smoke as much food as you have in this short time .  Awesome man

Man Craig you are on a roll - I have never seen anyone smoke as much food as you have in this short time .  Awesome man
Thank you.. I am enjoying my new hobby. The Woman likes it too.

I have lots of time and wonderful new friends here.

I consider it part of my recovery.  In fact..all the Drs and therapists have said it's great that I am doing this.

Unlike some others who sit around being pissed about their new disability.

I also am volunteering a few hours a week at Shepherd Center working on wheelchairs.

Slicing pics will be up after noon.

Have a great day!!

Craig

Last edited:
This batch turned out real nice.

Thanks again to Bear Carver for the step by step.

Started out with 14 Pound belly.

Vaced and freezing 9 pounds. Not bad considering it was skin on.

Did extra smoking time with the MES off. Thanks Chefrob.

Todays taste test was...way good.

6622aa6b_001.jpg

4baea7a9_005.jpg

Have a great day and thanks for all the nice comments!!

Craig

Last edited:
Craig,

Thank You for the thank you---You too Malisaw!

You guys are great, and your Bacons are Awesome looking!

That's great too Craig---volunteering to work on wheelchairs---Just don't go Harley on us & start souping them up !!!!

Thanks for the kind words,

Bear

Way to go Craig, you hit a home run this time. Glad that this is therapy for you, & I'm sure all your friends & neighbors are enjoying your new hobby too.

Thanks fellas!!

Craig

That is some seriously meaty looking Bacon -- did you get that belly from HMart?  I might have to drive down there and spend a bit more on my belly...looks like it'd be a worthwhile trip if yours is an example.

WOW!  That looks really really good.  I will give bacon a shot this spring and save some for the July / August Ohio tomatos.  How long can bacon last in the freezer?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky