Thigh gap!.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
Local butcher had a decent price on chicken quarters, so I picked up a few. For whatever reason, if we do leg quarters, they barely get touched. However, if I separate them, they get smashed lol. So that's where the "thigh gap" come into play lol.
This is a first for me on my Camp Chef woodwind 24, so I had to pay decent attention to it.. Started by separating the thigh and leg, coating with a mayo mustard mix , then dusted with some rub. Highest smoke setting and temp at 435 .....ish.i didn't pay attention to time, just kept an eye on the it. When it was close, I sauced them and let sit until the sauce "got right😎"! Turned out pretty legit!
IMG_20220730_204946790.jpg

IMG_20220730_205933299.jpg

IMG_20220730_211232483.jpg

I find the quarters on sale around here regularly for 49¢-59¢/lb. or $4.90-$5.90 for a 10 lb. bag. Thighs are always a crowd favorite with the adults, but I will separate them after they are cooked because the grandchildren prefer the drumstick...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky