First Sirloin tip roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
Did my first Sirloin tip today in my camp chef woodwind. I'm not a big fan of sirloin, but when it's in the freezer, you use it!
Coated it with a mix of mustard, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and soy. Then rubbed garlic salt, onion powder, paprika, pepper and a lil brown sugar into it. Let sit about an hour or so. Placed in my smoker at high smoke 180 degrees . I didn't pay attention to time, I just kept checking the temp. It was probably close to 3 hours. Pulled it at 125° wrapped it in foil and set aside. Grilled up some buns and whole wheat
IMG_20220612_144150403.jpg
IMG_20220612_173259378.jpg
IMG_20220612_175218795.jpg
IMG_20220612_175528700.jpg
IMG_20220612_180750120.jpg
IMG_20220612_175335471.jpg
bread on the griddle and slapped some Colby chunks on them.
Cut the meat as thin as I could with a knife but I should of gotten the slicer out. After slicing, I mixed in a little bit of my original bonding concoction that I added a splash of steak sauce, vinegar bbq sauce and some garlic salt to. Turned out pretty good for a sirloin, my first smoked sirloin at that. It was rare to med rare and I had the boys nuked thier sandwiches in the microwave for 30 seconds to help with the cheese and room temp slices.

That looks great, Bed!

N00b question:

Because it is sirloin no matter the fat content it doesn't need to go to 190* plus to breakdown the......meat (incorrect word)?

Thank you,
Travis

Reactions: Buckeyedude
That looks great, Bed!

N00b question:

Because it is sirloin no matter the fat content it doesn't need to go to 190* plus to breakdown the......meat (incorrect word)?

Thank you,
Travis
No stupid questions here, we are all here to learn. Sirloin can be brought up to regular steak doneness temps. Best example, prime rib roast, you wouldnt take to 195 in an oven or smoker. Good beef is done at temp depending on the cut.

Made an impromptu beef and broccoli dish with rice and garlic sauce with the leftovers tonight. First time making that too lol. Was a touch salty but ate nicely.
Sauteed an onion and green pepper in butter, added the broccoli ( a bag that was pre steamed) 3 cloves of garlic, leftover sirloin
IMG_20220613_193428650.jpg
and sauce comprising of soy, stock, brown sugar, corn starch, olive oil and a pinch of ginger. All I was missing was pork for the rice, baby corn , mushrooms and fortune cookies lol.

Looking good to me! I like smoking sirloin for sandwiches and I’ll pull them off at rare, then thin slice into a CI with tallow or butter, onions, garlic, and whatever cheese to mix into a mess. Works great on a thick bread. I’m digging your leftovers too. Great work!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky