Cheesesteaks & Webers & Bears

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Cheesesteaks & Webers & Bears

It’s been too long since I had my Cheesesteak yearning quenched.
We still haven’t been out to eat or gotten TOGO since the beginning of the Pandemic, because of being Old & at High Risk.
Mrs Bear is 74, with a Pacemaker & High BP.
And as for me, LOL---Thanks in part to Agent Orange, I got an Aortic Valve from a Cow, and about a 7” section of Dacron replacing my Ascending Aorta. I also have COPD, CKD, and 2 Large Aneurysms in my Descending Aorta.
I lost my Brother “Jim” to Covid in December of 2020, and he had a lot less vulnerabilities than I have.
I think the Covid Bug has an “APB” out on Me!

I miss the Cheesesteaks to go the most, so I have to make some now & then to make up for it.
So let’s get Ready to Rumble!!! And bring on the Chip Steak!!

My first will be a Simple Cheesesteak. First I put the Chipped Steak in a greased pan, and spread it out & separate it a little at a time, from one side to the other, to get it all partially cooked quickly. Then when all the Pink is barely gone, it’s ready for a roll.
If Mrs Bear wasn’t watching, I’d leave some pink in the mix.
Then I give the Roll a good coating of “Tallarico’s Philly Cheesesteak Sauce” on the insides of the roll. Then I pile up some of that Chipped Steak that I just heated, onto the Roll. If you want Onions, this is the time & place to put them—Right on top of the Meat, if not already mixed in with it.
Then I like to cover it all with some Provolone, and top that all with my Hot Pepper Rings.
Then I Nuke it just long enough to melt the cheese. (20 to 30 seconds)
You could also stick it under the Broiler to melt the cheese & crisp up the roll, but I’m usually too hungry by this time, and Nuking it only takes less than 30 seconds.
A few Bread & Butter Pickle Slices go good here, either on it or on the side. I usually put them on the side, because they’ll probably fall off anyway!!

Then the Next night it’s a home made “Weber” with the leftovers.
Here is where I put a good coating of Miracle Whip on my roll. (Mayo is OK too)
First I cut up a little Mater & put it in a bowl. Here it can be somewhat better if you use the store-bought Mater, because they aren’t so juicy, as to make the Sammy all Soggy.
Then tear up some Lettuce & mix the lettuce & the Meat in with the cut up Maters.
After mixing that all up good, I put it on the roll, and top it with some Provolone, and Nuke it to melt.
Then onto the plate it goes, along with your choice of Pickles on the side.

That’s about it. Hope You enjoyed this one!

Bear

BTW: This is the best Cheesesteak Sauce I know of—Been using it for about 50 years:

513ydGURFmL._SL500_.jpg

One Pack of Chip Steak:
IMG_8394 2.JPG

Pulling apart & lightly cooking:
IMG_8395.JPG

Starting with a Steak Hoagie Roll, sauce, Peppers, and Cheese:
IMG_8396.JPG

In order of Sauce, Meat, Cheese, Peppers, Heated to melt cheese:
IMG_8397 2.JPG

After Melting, with Pickles on the side:
IMG_8398.JPG

Second Night's Supper, begins with leftover Chip Steak, chopped up Maters & Lettuce:
IMG_8399.JPG

Miracle Whip on Hoagie Roll:
IMG_8400.JPG

Mix of Chip Steak, Chopped Maters, Lettuce pieces:
IMG_8401.JPG

Put the Mix on the roll, and top with Provolone:
IMG_8402.JPG

Second Night's Supper for The Bear, after Melting Cheese & adding Pickles:
IMG_8403.JPG

Nice . I'm hooked on that Weber . Wish I could try the real thing . One of the best sandwiches I've ever made .
Look great John .

Looks really good from over here also John.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice . I'm hooked on that Weber . Wish I could try the real thing . One of the best sandwiches I've ever made .
Look great John .
Thank You Rich!!
I'm forced to make my own.
There is only one place that makes Webers exactly like the original, and that is "The Pub" Bar & Restaurant, and since I don't go anywhere, we can't get them there, because Mrs Bear won't go into a Bar by herself.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Awesome
Might have to make a side trip in Pa for one of those.

Warren
Thank You Warren!!
You gotta try "The Pub" in the Shopping Center at Quakertown, where Rt 309 & Broad Street meet. They're the only place that makes a Weber like Smitty's made them in 1960.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Very nice! My mouth is watering. It's those banana peppers. I haven't been in a restaurant in 28 months. I thought I was the only one. Where in PA are you? My favorite cheesesteak roll is Amoroso steak or club rolls baked fresh from Philly. Toasted at 350 F for 8 mins. Thankfully I can usually find them down here in Maryland at Aldi's. Thank you for your service, sir.

I'm liking that Bear. Hard to beat a good cheese steak sandwich. Well done sir and don't blame you a bit for keeping yourself and Mrs' Bear safe. The benefit for us is that we get to keep seeing posts like this from you :emoji_wink:

Robert

Very nice! My mouth is watering. It's those banana peppers. I haven't been in a restaurant in 28 months. I thought I was the only one. Where in PA are you? My favorite cheesesteak roll is Amoroso steak or club rolls baked fresh from Philly. Toasted at 350 F for 8 mins. Thankfully I can usually find them down here in Maryland at Aldi's. Thank you for your service, sir.

Thank You Mark!!
I'm on a little mountain, south of Macungie, which is South of Emmaus, which is South of Allentown, but we're still in the Northeast.:emoji_wink:
I used to run down to MD to pick stuff up at "Tessco" Tower Supply, now & then. Also about 50 miles Above Philly.
Yes, those are good Rolls!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: Marknmd
I'm liking that Bear. Hard to beat a good cheese steak sandwich. Well done sir and don't blame you a bit for keeping yourself and Mrs' Bear safe. The benefit for us is that we get to keep seeing posts like this from you :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thank You Robert !!
You guys are all too nice!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear , saw this and just getting back now
As always great looking sandwiches. I would have no problem helping you eat them up

David
Thank You David!!
I was weaned on Cheesesteaks & Webers!
Where I was raised, it's almost all we ate.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky