ThermoWorks Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
I'm not a big remote probe person, Gave all my mavericks, igrills away. But seeing these on here and other forums i figured Hey i might as well try it in the kettle and probe for cabinet IT in my TSM Smoker.

And a package of jellybellys WOOO HOOO

I sure hope Santa saw that on my Christmas wish list.

Speaking of treats with products, each time I order from my favorite VW parts supplier, they send local made cookies.  Of course the wife gets them. 

I was just thinking of ordering another therma pen,,, Wife loves them,,, let us know how it does I may wait till you test it out.  I think it will work great in MES to monitor the correct temp,,, Maverick does a nice job but always good to have a back up,,,, or just more toys LOL 

Just tried out Smoke Temp Probe Unit in MES,dropped  probes  through vent & signal reached receiver about 100ft into house,did order extra meat probe beings one of the two is  for air only,very easy to program.

Im just going to use it for IT in the cabinet. Not a fan of probed meats.

I've used mine a couple of times... as suspected ... works great... receiver doesn't lose signal (haven't lost it yet) as much as the mavs ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky