• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

ThermoWorks Smoke

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
I'm not a big remote probe person, Gave all my mavericks, igrills away. But seeing these on here and other forums i figured Hey i might as well try it in the kettle and probe for cabinet IT in my TSM Smoker.

And a package of jellybellys WOOO HOOO

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Your gonna love that thing!

I just wish it came with longer probe wires!

Al

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
I sure hope Santa saw that on my Christmas wish list.

Speaking of treats with products, each time I order from my favorite VW parts supplier, they send local made cookies.  Of course the wife gets them. 

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 3, 2011
I was just thinking of ordering another therma pen,,, Wife loves them,,, let us know how it does I may wait till you test it out.  I think it will work great in MES to monitor the correct temp,,, Maverick does a nice job but always good to have a back up,,,, or just more toys LOL 

cropharvester

Joined Nov 30, 2016
Just tried out Smoke Temp Probe Unit in MES,dropped  probes  through vent & signal reached receiver about 100ft into house,did order extra meat probe beings one of the two is  for air only,very easy to program.

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Im just going to use it for IT in the cabinet. Not a fan of probed meats.

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
I've used mine a couple of times... as suspected ... works great... receiver doesn't lose signal (haven't lost it yet) as much as the mavs ...

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.