• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

The weather has been less then ideal...

ellymae

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 21, 2009
It's been cold and yesterday we had rain, sleet, and Thundersnow  - bizzare day.

The cold weather sends me down the comfort meal road so come along with me...

Monday - Meatloaf and mashed potatos - sorry - no pics...

Tuesday - Beef Stew.... (camera pic)

Wednesday - The day started off with snow then turned to rain - fortunatley I got home before it started snowing again - 5.5 inches before the second wave of snow.

Dinner??Smothered pork chops and baked potatos... I had never made smothered pork chops but I figured I had chops and I had onions so why not? (no pics where either)

Thursday - Well, mother nature dumped a ton of snow - here's the pic out my deck door at 5:00 am.

And where is what I saw once the sun came up

A frozen Egg

Big Al fired up wht snow blower at 5 am  I am sure we are really popular with our neighbors.

Left over Stew for lunch...

So dinner tonight is roasted chicken rubbed with Simply Marelous All Purpose rub and roasged on a bed of onions. Mashed potatos and (thick) home made gravy.

Chili is the last of the comfort foods on the menu for the week -maybe tomorrow night, maybe Saturday.

Thanks for joining me on this little trip down memory lane - what's your favorite comfort food??

mrsb

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 13, 2007
My favorite comfort food is definitely beef stew and yours looks awesome!  Love the large chunks of carrots and the mushrooms.

May have to be on the menu this weekend

Last edited:

ellymae

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 21, 2009
Thanks! I sauteed the mushrooms first then put them aside and added them back in at the end. I was afraid they would get funky. After I the meat cooked and the gravy going I threw it all in the pot and put it in the oven - I was going to do it on the stove but this was so much easier - throw it in there and forget about it for 2 hours.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
That looks good, We had the same storm, we are in Md. that Thunder snow was something

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
.... I recognize that chair! It's the one the wife saves for those nights you come home from the bar drunk and late!

Great looking week there Ellymae! That all looked really good, love me some comfort food.... mmm, mmm, mmmmmm.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
Wow...what a week of food!!!! Sounds great!! Maybe you should park the snowblower and grab a shovel to work off some of those calories!!!!LOL

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Thanks for the week of food!

Here's a picture of my BGE with a funny hat on.

Craig

hbark

Fire Starter
Joined May 28, 2010
Here's my smoker in the snow, too...  I hope to get out there this weekend and fire it up, though.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Glad I'm in Florida. We think it's been cold here, 40's at night, good thing is I clean my deck with a leaf blower instead of a snow blower. Sorry guys I just had to throw that in.  

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Thanks for sharing the great pics... a guy on a diet doesn't stand a chance with that in front of him. It's all good my friend. 

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I'm with Al and say it's nice to be a fla gator and it's nice to be a fla gator............

jjwdiver

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 5, 2010
I gotta chime in and try to trump Al and Mark with its nice to be a St. johnian!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
OK jj, I wish I was there with you. Satisfied?   

I gotta chime in and try to trump Al and Mark with its nice to be a St. johnian!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.