Suggestions for a burger seasoning I can buy on Amazon?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigheaded

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 14, 2021
Philippines
I use Meat Church Holy Cow now and love it, but there are so many others out there. I was reading on Google and a lot of people love the seasoning at Freddy's Custard & Burgers. The closest location is like 80 miles, but I saw bottles of the seasoning on Amazon. And I found the copycat recipe on Google.

I'm going to make the copycat, but I know I won't find recipes for most others. So I'm looking for 3-4 others to buy, and it'll be my excuse to make a bunch of smash burgers in October for this "research" There are a lot of burger seasonings out there, and there are ones I'm sure would be great on a burger but aren't even marketed for beef. Maybe it's just pallet is terrible, but I remember putting Meat Church Honey Hog on BBQ'd chicken and loving it lol.

Reactions: JLeonard
I'm pretty much a salt and pepper guy too . I let the flattop , high heat and ground brisket set the flavor .
I did recently get some seasonings from Blackstone as a gift . All good , but the Whiskey burger is really good on smash burgers . Helps with the crust .

Meat Church's Holy Vodoo is good on anything, even popcorn.

Speaking of that, TNJAKE TNJAKE was the one that got me on it.
Anyone hear from him ? Hope everything is good !

I use Meat Church Holy Cow now and love it, but there are so many others out there. I was reading on Google and a lot of people love the seasoning at Freddy's Custard & Burgers. The closest location is like 80 miles, but I saw bottles of the seasoning on Amazon. And I found the copycat recipe on Google.

I'm going to make the copycat, but I know I won't find recipes for most others. So I'm looking for 3-4 others to buy, and it'll be my excuse to make a bunch of smash burgers in October for this "research" There are a lot of burger seasonings out there, and there are ones I'm sure would be great on a burger but aren't even marketed for beef. Maybe it's just pallet is terrible, but I remember putting Meat Church Honey Hog on BBQ'd chicken and loving it lol.
I can't really tell you because I roll with Salt, Pepper, Onion, Garlic (SPOG).

I would suggest you try that where you season in equal parts of each (maybe a little less salt).
Then I would suggest you do SPOG+ a couple of small pinches of Cayenne on each side of the patty for flavor not heat.

I'll be here waiting to see the amazement you discover with something as simple as that, and cost effective it is :D

Reactions: fxsales1959
Salt and black pepper! RAY
And mix it into the patties. Nothing pairs better with beef than salt and pepper.

Not much on premade 'rub' but Kinders buttery steakhouse is pretty darn good in a burger (and on a steak). I saw some carmelized onion something or other by Kinders the other day in a grocery store that caught my eye but I'll pass on 6 bucks for 2 oz when Sam's probably has a big jar of it for $8

Montreal Steak Seasoning makes a good burger rub.

I use S/P/G ... same base rub I use for Texas ribs.

But if you like Holy Cow, its been around long before Matt Pittman and Meat Church arrived. This is from Mike Mills book " Peace, Love, and Barbecue " published in 2005. This is will be my version of Holy Cow from now on.

Holy Cow.jpg

Reactions: zwiller
I use this stuff ALL the time. Probably my favorite seasoning I've tried. I started buying it in bulk 5lb bags and just refill the shaker now...
Screenshot_20231004_215656_Amazon Shopping.jpg

TulsaJeff TulsaJeff Texas style is really good. I tried it on some cheap frozen burger patties when I first received some, and let me tell you what. It turned those burgers into something amazing.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky