That's what I call a T-bone (HUGE)!!!!! Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2008
My wife scored on these @ 3.99/lb about 2 weeks ago, and I had them thawing a couple days for the gig lastnight. These 2 T's are 4.38/lbs total weight.

This was part of lastnight's dinner. I just got the chance to post it now.

Just into the thin blue with Hickory over Charcoal;

This is rubbed with Weber's Burgundy Beef:

This is CBP and course ground Sea Salt:

A nice pair of T's just itchin' for me to close the lid!!!
icon_wink.gif
:

After 90 minutes cold smoke, 115-120* grate temps;

Burgundy Beef rubbed:

CBP and Sea Salt:

Cold Smoked T-bones next to freshly seasoned CBP/Sea Salt Ribeyes ($3.99/lb for these, too):

Searing them all up for the finish:

My Burgundy Beef T-bone, medium rare...mmmmmmmm:

I just had to share these monster T-bones with ya!

Thanks!

Eric

Nice looking steaks - somebody is eating really well - ya buddy

Gee, now I'm going to the market. Great looking steaks.

Nice steaks...

Your pictures are hard to see because they are so small, even with my glasses they are hard to see.

Man thats a nice steak and a huge one too. I'm glad they came out just the way I like them too. Keep up the good cooking.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Yeah, these are thumbnails...if you click on it a full size image should load. Imageshack has been experiencing alot of server/gateway problems lately, so some of the pics won't load full-size right now.

Eric

I'm lucky enough to still be working, so I gotta take care of the bellies here while I can! LOL!

I (we) grab anything on a sale at a decent price, and these just happened to be it.

Yeah, I really love doing smaller cuts of meats with the cold smoke/sear...works great and it's so darn easy.

You gotta try this, man! Smoke & charcoal...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
These are my close second favorite, Ribeye being 1st (for now)...heh-heh.

You really should try this, easy and quick for a short smoke with all the flavors you'll love.

They really are a belly full...I ate the slightly larger one...well about 2/3 of it
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
. Beef steak really fills me up fast.

Thanks all!

Eric

Eric you should really try photobucket 800x 600. Not trying to be critical but it will be a much better presentation. I used Imageshack in the beginning and had probs too.

It will make a huge difference.

Aside from that your steaks look great.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Those look awesome Eric
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
sure wish I could find steak on sale that cheap around here

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, now those are some good lookin meats there!!!!
Did they scream when ya stuck a fork in 'em?????? ROTFLMAO
biggrin.gif

That's the only way I can eat a steak, still movin!!!!
Good job Eric
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Hey Eric,

Thumbnails and loading worked for me...

Those are some awesome looking steaks. I haven't done a smoke / sear on steaks yet, but that is certainly what I'd call motivation!
points.gif

Thanks Ron! Yeah, I registered on photobucket...still checking things out and did a few test pic uploads from PB to SMF a few days ago. I'll do some more on it when I get a chance and see which way will work the best for me.

Thanks again for the tips!

Eric

Thanks Jerry! We grab these and many other cuts when the good sales come out...taht's the only way we can throw the cash into a a 50 or 60 pound grab at one time. We've got a line on some local growers to get half hogs and 1/4 or half beef...gonna a nice switch.

Oooh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Mine was just beggin' for a knife, and you almost didn't even need a blade to get a bite...tender and juicy...the meat juices kept a nice dipping sauce goin' on in my plate!!!!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks! You REALLY should give this method a try...it's so easy, and the meat is every bit as good as from an all-day smoke. I love the cold smoke & sear, and I always get smiles at the dinner table.

The thumnail pics are tempermental this past few days with postimage.org/imageshack...lots of site probs, so they'll work when they want to.....
icon_redface.gif

Thanks everyone!

Eric

Wow, Eric that was a huge score .
Love the way you did them up,I'm going to have to try that method next time around for sure, those looked yummy.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Dan

Thanks Dan!

Yeah, we couldn't pass-up on that price...get it while you can, I say!

I don't know if you get into the charcoal fired smokes alot, but that's my method for a kettle grill/quick smoke with the coffee-can mod for a smoke box.

Here's the link to the thread explaining how I put it all together...took about 5 minutes with a drill and tin snips:
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=76177

There are other threads in the meat forums that I've done as well...just go to the meat you're interest in, then, into the grilling section...pork, chicken, beef, and a few combo smokes are in there. Or, just do an advanced search for my threads and scroll down to find it...that might be the easiest search.

Go easy and simple with the seasonings (CBP/Kosher Salt is about all you need for a good steak) and you will really taste the diffence when there's nothing covering up all that meaty/smokey greatness!

I guess you can probably tell, but, I'm rather partial to the charcoal fired cooking as of late...can't get enough of it!

Hah-hah-hah!!!!!!!!! Yeah, Rob, I had a tough time eating all of mine...couldn't have packed it away if it didn't taste soooooo gooooood! LOL!

Thanks, they are every bit as good as they look...and the charcoal fired cold smoke, man is it a great flavor...I do steaks, chops, burgers, chix pieces, franks or hot dogs, brats, country style pork/beef mixed sausage...hmm, did I miss one?...I've done all that and more I'm sure...anything smaller that you can cook quicker after work, or a road trip for Bbq goodies (straight from the car to the grill...yummy)---yes, I have done that too!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I just realized something: I haven't cold smoked & seared any fish yet
icon_redface.gif
...I better get busy! Wow, this could be a REALLY LONG LIST in another 6 to 12 months!!! Heh-heh-heh!

I started doing these cold smoke/sears about 6 or 7 months ago...now it's probably my favorite way to cook because you get all the great flavors without spending all day to get it. I still do 6-12 hour smokes pretty regularly when I can, but this is a great back-up plan for when you don't have all day.

I strongly urge everyone who hasn't done a cold smoke & sear to give it a try...you'll be hooked like I am...it's so easy and tastes do good...put the smoke can in, food grate over top and walk away for 60-120 minutes...it's that easy...pull the can and add more hot coals and sear to your desired doneness...doesn't get much better, does it?

Trust me folks, if you want rave reviews from your resident/neiborhood meat lovers...this will give you great results! Everyone around here who's had my cold smoked/seared meats is in love with it...including me!
biggrin.gif

Thanks all! Enjoy!

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky