Behemoth Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Alright, I'm late posting too. I saw this thread on Monday morning just before I had to take my bride to an appointment. Guess what??? We're heading to Wegman's and Costco afterward and I'm gonna find me some similar bones to try! Well, I've officially declared NJ to be a beef ribs wasteland. Nuttin' at Costco (and all the butchers must have been on their smoke break) and I would have to buy three packages( @ $12/lb) of what Wegman's called short ribs just for an appetizer, man they were short! That leaves me with two options... visit the local butcher shop, they can be a bit pricey, or put up the ribs I have walking around the pasture. The latter would call for much more freezer space than I currently have.

LMAO, Bobby who?
J/K I couldn't begin to compete on his level.
Don't sell yourself short, Chile. My wife and I dined at Bobby Flay's restaurant in Atlantic City. While the food was outstanding, I'd enjoy any of your cooks I've seen posted here just as much if not more than that meal. Besides, you would probably cook for us for a week for what we paid for that one dinner!!!

Keep up the good work! Point!!

Alright, I'm late posting too. I saw this thread on Monday morning just before I had to take my bride to an appointment. Guess what??? We're heading to Wegman's and Costco afterward and I'm gonna find me some similar bones to try! Well, I've officially declared NJ to be a beef ribs wasteland. Nuttin' at Costco (and all the butchers must have been on their smoke break) and I would have to buy three packages( @ $12/lb) of what Wegman's called short ribs just for an appetizer, man they were short! That leaves me with two options... visit the local butcher shop, they can be a bit pricey, or put up the ribs I have walking around the pasture. The latter would call for much more freezer space than I currently have.

Don't sell yourself short, Chile. My wife and I dined at Bobby Flay's restaurant in Atlantic City. While the food was outstanding, I'd enjoy any of your cooks I've seen posted here just as much if not more than that meal. Besides, you would probably cook for us for a week for what we paid for that one dinner!!!

Thank you, very flattering.
I hope y'all can find some good short ribs.

Besides, you would probably cook for us for a week for what we paid for that one dinner!!!

Yep....exactly what he said. I'm gonna second that motion.

Jumping onto the "me too" bandwagon,
Robert

Thanks for the post

I LOVE beef ribs.

Up here, I can get them but they are not cheap.

one plate I made into smoked ribs
one plate I made into BEEF BACON!!!!!

AWESOME both ways

Thanks for the post

I LOVE beef ribs.

AWESOME both ways
Thank you Nanuk,
we love good short ribs too.
Not exactly inexpensive here either, but the price on these was exceptional.
Really appreciate the reply, thanks again.

Sorry for the delayed reply Chile. I just woke up from passing out after seeing this post! Simply incredible! 5-Stars!

Those look great! I have wrapped my beef ribs to render the fat better after having one of the ones I made for the wife who prefers her beef wrapped. If I found some as nice as yours I’ll try them both ways.

Sorry for the delayed reply Chile. I just woke up from passing out after seeing this post! Simply incredible! 5-Stars!
Dude, at Sam's when I realized what he'd handed me, my knees got weak and my vision tunneled for a second or two.
I understand, I empathize.

LOL J/K.. Thanks Bro.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post

I LOVE beef ribs.

AWESOME both ways
My pleasure sir.
I've done them smoked, smoked/braised, smoked/grilled but never bacon.
Please preach to me on that subject, I'm all ears... Eyes.... Whatever.

Those look great! I have wrapped my beef ribs to render the fat better after having one of the ones I made for the wife who prefers her beef wrapped. If I found some as nice as yours I’ll try them both ways.
Thank you b-one, appreciate the compliment and Like.
I like them both ways, but prefer unwrapped/no braise.

Leftovers Breakfast

Machacado and Papas

EzY0npO.jpg
Diffrent twist on machacado ..looks delish

Diffrent twist on machacado ..looks delish
Thanks, appreciate the compliment and Like.
It is a delicious twist on the authentic dish.
I shred or chop any leftover beef and pan fry to get some crispy bits/edges, then add peppers/onions and finally eggs scrambled or Sunnyside.
Lots of chile powder, yum!

My pleasure sir.
I've done them smoked, smoked/braised, smoked/grilled but never bacon.
Please preach to me on that subject, I'm all ears... Eyes.... Whatever.

I boned out the plate, trimmed off the big fat glob, and used Pop's Brine recipe for basic pork bacon.

Then I smoked it with maple lightly.... amazing.

next time, Ima trying BearCarver's idea using TQ and dry cure a plate.

I boned out the plate, trimmed off the big fat glob, and used Pop's Brine recipe for basic pork bacon.

Then I smoked it with maple lightly.... amazing.

next time, Ima trying BearCarver's idea using TQ and dry cure a plate.
Thanks for the reply, sounds good and very interesting.
Would like to see the dried beef.

Saw the 2019 price on your Dinos. Costco didn't have them, so I paid $13/lb for Choice dinos at a local meat market. You've taken the time to do a lot of interesting things that I've enjoyed going through. Thanks.

Reactions: chilerelleno
Saw the 2019 price on your Dinos. Costco didn't have them, so I paid $13/lb for Choice dinos at a local meat market. You've taken the time to do a lot of interesting things that I've enjoyed going through. Thanks.
My pleasure and thank you, very kind of ya.
I hope you enjoy some of my recipes/cooks as much as my family and I.

I didn't even know about this place when this was posted. Looks delicious for sure

I have measured many smoky things with the finger method, but never ribs.

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky