Thanksgiving Meats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Not a lot to show but figured i would share the what meats I made for our family thanks giving.

About 2 weeks ago I prepped a pork butt and got it in some cure for a pulled ham.

It was rubbed down with equal parts bbq rub,brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
1126200444.jpg

After it got some color from the cherry wood I put it in a pan with a can of pineapple and a jar of maraschino cherries. Another dusting of the rub and covered with foil and back in the smoker to finish.
1126201139_HDR.jpg

I also did a turkey breast. This was injected with creole butter . the skin was pulled back completely and seasoned with bowtie butt and rib rub....yea its not a butt or ribs but I felt this rub was perfect for poultry. Skin back over the top and into the smoker. I didnt care how the skin turned out because the people I was serving doesn't care for the skin anyway.
1126201414a.jpg

The butt pulled and the breast sliced!
1126201613a_HDR.jpg
1126201613a.jpg

All turned out good! Thanks for taking a look!

Everything looks great. Never tried pulling a ham.

Nice job Travis! They both look really good! Nice color on the ham

Ryan

Both look delicious Travis. The Turkey looks perfect, and that Ham is excellent. Nice work!

The pulled ham sounds really nice and the turkey too.
Very nice meats you put on the table, bet the dinner was remarkable.
Nice cook sir!
Thanks chile! Dinner was great. Mom made some mashed taters and noodles along with some green bean casserole. Had plenty of other things too. Was a great Thanksgiving.

I've not had pulled Ham. Interesting idea.the Turkey looks great...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky