Thanksgiving Meats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice piece of work Travis, Like! The pineapple and cherries on that ham really had to add a nice touch, the turkey breast looks perfect! RAY

All Looks Great, Travis!!
Nice Job!
Like.
I like to split a Pork Butt in half. Then I turn the top "Fatty" half into Buckboard Bacon, and the Bottom Leaner half into Pulled Ham. It works out Great that way, getting some of Each.
Like This, from 7 years ago, when I was younger & more able to do this:
Buckboard Bacon and Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham

Bear

Last edited:
Pulled ham...whodathunk? Definitely gotta try that. Maybe we should call it SPH or TPH (Sowsage or Travis Pulled Ham).
Thanks, but I cant take credit for the idea. There are several members here that have done them like this before. I will say its pretty awesome stuff!

Nice piece of work Travis, Like! The pineapple and cherries on that ham really had to add a nice touch, the turkey breast looks perfect! RAY
Thanks RAY! The pineapple and cherries add just a little sweet to it.

All Looks Great, Travis!!
Nice Job!
Like.
I like to split a Pork Butt in half. Then I turn the top "Fatty" half into Buckboard Bacon, and the Bottom Leaner half into Pulled Ham. It works out Great that way, getting some of Each.
Like This:
Buckboard Bacon and Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham

Bear
Thanks Bear! I like that idea! Using one butt for two different end product. Next time I think I'll do that.

Looks fantastic!
I guess I’m gonna have to try a pulled ham!!
Al
Thanks Al! Its worth giving a try. I started doing them because at all out family get togethers it was always the same thing...made ham a little more exciting. I put mine on a roll with a slice of Swiss cheese!

Thanks Bear! I like that idea! Using one butt for two different end product. Next time I think I'll do that.

I like the Pork Butt Fat on My BBB, but I don't like it so much in my Pulled Ham, so it works out Great that way. Top Fat Cap for BBB---Bottom half for Pulled Ham.

Bear

I like the Pork Butt Fat on My BBB, but I don't like it so much in my Pulled Ham, so it works out Great that way. Top Fat Cap for BBB---Bottom half for Pulled Ham.

Bear
That makes since to me too. Thanks for the idea Bear!

Thanks Al! Its worth giving a try. I started doing them because at all out family get togethers it was always the same thing...made ham a little more exciting. I put mine on a roll with a slice of Swiss cheese!

Yea Swiss for sure!!
Al

H3hjlQ.gif

Nah Travis got the meats! Nice spread broski. That pulled ham is money!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky