Thanks to Kieth, Indaswamp, for his Remoulade recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks delicious to me! With all this talk of po boys I can see them in my future. Sadly no fresh shrimp except those right off the boat in the freezer section!

Ryan
Hey Ryan,
Thanks for your comment and the like.

I can see where the sauce would be perfect for shrimp. I will definitely try it again, just as soon as the local guys here start catching shrimp.

What a unique. And delicious looking dish. I wouldn't have thought of this on pasta either. Saved for reference. I have a idea now!
Hi Steve, Thanks for your comment and like.

Based on the uses for the sauce that Kieth posted, It sounds like it's more of a cold dish sauce, but I really liked it in the pasta.

Let us know what you come up with.

Reactions: Steve H
OP, while you are correct about rice in cajun/creole cuisine there is also an Italian influence in S. Louisiana. No doubt you've heard of Jambalaya but there is also a dish known as Pastalaya, so pasta is not foreign to the area.

If anything is cringe worthy I'd say it's the Krab, but then again, I can't justify the cost of the real stuff very often.

Last edited:
OP, while you are correct about rice in cajun/creole cuisine there is also an Italian influence in S. Louisiana. No doubt you've heard of Jambalaya but there is also a dish known as Pastalaya, so pasta is not foreign to the area.

If anything is cringe worthy I'd say it's the Krab, but then again, I can't justify the cost of the real stuff very often.
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your comments. I wasn't aware of an Italian influence in Louisiana. Learn something everyday.

After reading Kieth's list of "normal" uses for the sauce, I suspect that my greatest error may have been using it in a hot, or at least warm dish. I have since used it as a dip with cool "dippers" and can see where it would shine with shrimp salad, or as a dressing on salad, or as a sandwich spread. All that being said; this dish turned out very good. Good enough that I made it again yesterday.

I realize that my recipe would have benefited from real crab but I wasn't going to make a "first try" of an unknown recipe with expensive ingredients. I would have rather used fresh shrimp but they aren't being caught, quite yet, here in eastern NC.

I will make the sauce again and use it on shrimp, once they come in.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I used the last of my remoulade sauce as a dip for some of the celery that I bought to make the sauce.

It was like a completely different sauce. I will try it with other cold items but I like it more in this use than my pasta dish.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky