Thanks to Kieth, Indaswamp, for his Remoulade recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

one eyed jack

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 11, 2014
Coastal NC
Kieth's recipe for Remoulade sauce, in his post about shrimp / lettuce wraps, https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/cajun-boiled-shrimp-remoulade-lettuce-wraps.315049/ really got my interest. I'd never had Remoulade sauce, and shrimp aren't being caught right now, in coastal NC so I got some "Sea Leggs".

I imagine that my use of pasta will make any self respecting Cajun cringe but that's what I was craving and I just needed a base to try the remoulade sauce on.

I used Kieth's tip of making the sauce a day ahead, and the day old leftovers, of the pasta and Sea Leggs, were better also.

Saute'd some thinly sliced Garlic in smoked butter, added the "Sea Leggs", sprinkled with Tony Cachere's salt free, threw in the Linguini and mixed in the Remoulade sauce.

The sauce recipe made a good bit so I bought more Sea Leggs today. Might try rice for a little bit of respectability this time.

Hope my "Old bachelor pad" isn't too offensive. It does all I need it too but ain't much to look at.

DSC01382.jpg

DSC01383.jpg

DSC01385.jpg

DSC01388.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01392.jpg

DSC01394.jpg

Thanks bud. Here's the link.....

Looks good to me. Dish me up a plate!

Wow! Looks delicious! Sometimes the Cajun craving hits hard and that definitely would take care of it! Great work!

Thank's guys, for the likes and comments.

I really just wanted to shine a spotlight on Kieth's remoulade sauce recipe.

I just used the quickest, cheapest, easiest method I could think of to try the sauce recipe.

I recommend it.

Reactions: indaswamp
Thanks one eyed jack, but I don't lay claim to creating that sauce....it's been around bayou country for a long time before I arrived. But it is the one I love and grew up with.

Very interesting take on the presentation....never had it with pasta....now I'm curious.....

Thanks one eyed jack, but I don't lay claim to creating that sauce....it's been around bayou country for a long time before I arrived. But it is the one I love and grew up with.

Very interesting take on the presentation....never had it with pasta....now I'm curious.....
Hey Kieth,

I did understand that it wasn't your sauce recipe, but wanted to thank you for posting it.

I don't have any knowledge as to how the sauce is used in the area of it's origin, and that's why I mentioned trying it with rice.

I'd appreciate any insight into how it is normally used. After trying it; I can see it being right at home on everything from a sandwich to salad.

Thanks for the glimpse of your heritage and culture in the explanation of "RIVER road" also. I've never had the pleasure of seeing Louisiana, much less New Orleans. All I know of your area is from books and movies, (but such aged history and culture intrigues me).

Wish I had time to experience it in person, but I am running out of time.

The sauce traditionally is used on salads and as a dipping sauce for seafood... also on po-boys. But new age chefs have invented creative ways to use it in a lot of ways. I have even seen it in a puff pastry with boiled shrimp.

Reactions: one eyed jack
And FYI, 'River Road' in South Louisiana refers to the area north of New Orleans and south of Baton Rouge right next to the Mighty Mississippi river.....
What an amazing river The "Mighty Mississippi" is. Mom's last living sibling, Uncle Mark, used to work the barges up around St' Louis. There's a lot of amazing history associated with that river.

You'd be amazed how many people ride all the way down the Mississippi river in kayaks. Takes at least 2 months...I guess it's become a 'thing' to do nowadays. First ones I ran across pulled up to the launch and I started a conversation. When they told me they Kayaked all the way down the River; I said, "Boy I'll bet your butts are SORE!!!"LOL!!!

The sauce traditionally is used on salads and as a dipping sauce for seafood... also on po-boys. But new age chefs have invented creative ways to use it in a lot of ways. I have even seen it in a puff pastry with boiled shrimp.
Po Boys is the thing that was on my mind when I mentioned sandwiches. You've confirmed my assumptions as to what it might be used on, Thanks.

I hadn't thought of it as a dipping sauce, but that makes good sense too.

Puff pastry is a bit out of my league but I'm all over the boiled shreemp.

You'd be amazed how many people ride all the way down the Mississippi river in kayaks. Takes at least 2 months...I guess it's become a 'thing' to do nowadays. First ones I ran across pulled up to the launch and I started a conversation. When they told me they Kayaked all the way down the River; I said, "Boy I'll bet your butts are SORE!!!"LOL!!!
That would be a fantastic adventure. I have a Hobie Outback fishing kayak. All i need is a month or two to try the trip. 10-4 on the sore butt.

I think that I would enjoy that trip more than the Appalachian trail, although that would be a nice adventure, too. I'm a water boy by nature. Many years sailboating, water skiing, sailboarding / windsurfing powerboat fishing and kayak fishing.

If I wound up with a terminal illness I'd like to load my boat up with fuel cans, head offshore and light her ablaze.

That looks great good idea
Thanks for checking in and your comment Piney :emoji_thumbsup:
That looks real good Jack. Nice job

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks for the compliment, and point, Chris.
Man that looks good. Going to have to give it a try.
I am happy to recommend the sauce, Brian. I'm going to try Kieth's other uses for it.

Thanks for the like.
Good looking bowl. I'd not pass it up!

Jim
Hey Jim, Thanks for you generous comment, and the like.

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks delicious to me! With all this talk of po boys I can see them in my future. Sadly no fresh shrimp except those right off the boat in the freezer section!

Ryan

Reactions: one eyed jack
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky