Thanks to Hermes & Hepaestus

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bertjo44

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Salem, VA
Though part of me is slightly tiffed I am a happy man. Ever since I joined this forum I would cringe everytime somone mentioned going to their local butcher b/c I hand't been able to find one in my area. Well, I just found one. The reason I am a little tiffed is b/c apparently they have been there for a while, so why couldn't I find them? Not for lack of trying with internet searches and asking around but none-the-less tommorow I will be going to my 'local butcher' to see what he has for sale (and hopefully on sale). So, thanks to the BBQ gods.

I just found a "Meat Store" in my area too. I haven't been inside yet but the sign outside said "exotic meats including bison, ostrich etc...This could get expensive.

I just swung by and got a price list and man what I've been missing. They have package specials and the $30 special is 21 lbs of meat, even though 6 lbs is hot dogs and balogna, that is great. For $79 you get 20 sirloins and 20 ribeyes. I am a happy man. I don't expect to be buying meat from Wal*Mart any more.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky