• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thai Time

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
6 pounds of London broil thawing. Should be able to slice it in a few hours. Then into the vacuum tumbler for a overnight soak in the Thai Jerky juice.

Someone a while back asked about super thin jerky so I will do that with this batch. More on that process later.

Smoke away!!!

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Is it sliced yet?
Funny you should ask.

5.7 pounds. Not much waste this time.

Going to let it thaw a bit more then I'll add the juice and give it a tumble before resting tonight.

Smoke away!!!

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Sauce + sugar (not pictured because it's in a big ass non-labeled bin. Wife does a bunch of baking...

Smoke away!!!

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Forgot this. If you look at the at the top of the label, right side you can see its marked $24.99. I paid $15, free shipping.

Smoke away!!!

WaterinHoleBrew

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Awesome Case, can't wait to try this next weekend ! I noticed you said you were gonna try slicing thin this go round, but how thick do you usually slice the meat for this stuff... 1/8" ? Just curious !

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I have to try this. Gotta say, I tried the Three Crabs brand and was not thrilled even though it is so popular. I love Golden Boy and want to try Red Boat one of these days...JJ

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
I have to try this. Gotta say, I tried the Three Crabs brand and was not thrilled even though it is so popular. I love Golden Boy and want to try Red Boat one of these days...JJ
It comes down to what I can get here. This is what the restaraunt supply has. Otherwise it's what the grocery store has. Or I get some when we make it to Portland Or where they have Asian markets.

ademily87

Joined Mar 20, 2016
To get mine more even thickness and a little thinner I use the flat side of a meat tenderizer and just smash it. Fun and effective lol Just an idea. I like my jerky thin.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I'm with Richie!

I'm in too!

Al

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
I'll be putting the jerky in the GOSM in a few hours. Having a lazy Sunday morning!

WaterinHoleBrew

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
How's that jerky coming along Case ? I'm thinkin I might have to go on a beer run to get thru this ! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.