Thai jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jerky looks great Steve. Have made Thai jerky a few times using @dirtsailor2003 recipe.
Thank you! I'll need to look his recipe up.

For some strange reason I've been in a jerky making mood for the past week or so. I've done sweet bourbon, teriyaki, and a sweet heat. Been looking for another flavor to try and I think this is it. Thanks.
You're welcome! Seems like a bunch of us are on the jerky wagon as of lately!

Looks very tasty !
Thank you!

That looks great! What are your thoughts with trying it on some venison ground or sliced thin?
Thank you! If you slice it thin. It'll come out like a potato chip. Crunchy and down right tasty! I cut this batch free hand. So, some were thinner than intended. But really good.
I can't speak for venison. I'm not really sure how this flavor profile would work with it. Nor have I tried this with beef.

Looks good. We been making jerky too. Venison and beef, just made a batch today. Must be the time of the year for it.
Thanks! Seems like a lot of folk are making jerky at the moment.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Steve

Jerky looks and recipe sounds awesome.

Thanks for posting

I think I overlooked it. Linky please
I'm sitting in the corner on the back row of the jerky wagon out of sight, but I'm there. I've made 2 big batches this past week. One was a spicy teriyaki and the other was regular teriyaki, my granddaughter's favorite. The spicy teriyaki was simply a regular teriyaki that I sprinkled red pepper flakes on the meat after an overnight swim in the marinade. Not too spicy, could've used a little more heat in my opinion...

Reactions: Steve H
I'm sitting in the corner on the back row of the jerky wagon out of sight, but I'm there. I've made 2 big batches this past week. One was a spicy teriyaki and the other was regular teriyaki, my granddaughter's favorite. The spicy teriyaki was simply a regular teriyaki that I sprinkled red pepper flakes on the meat after an overnight swim in the marinade. Not too spicy, could've used a little more heat in my opinion...
Now teriyaki jerky would be good. I may have to get some meat out towards the end of the week for a batch. I'm wondering if the Yoshidas sweet teriyaki marinade would work for that.

Now teriyaki jerky would be good. I may have to get some meat out towards the end of the week for a batch. I'm wondering if the Yoshidas sweet teriyaki marinade would work for that.
I would think the Yoshida would be fine. I used Veri Veri Teriyaki and bottom round that I sliced by hand with a knife. I'm wanting to make some kind of sweet or maple bourbon next if I can find a recipe that jumps out at me...

Reactions: Steve H
Steve H Steve H
Do you think this recipe would work in a pellet smoker instead of a dehydrator? I've only made ground meat jerky but I like the idea of using pork loin and the recipe sounds good.
Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky