Sweet breads

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Creamed spinach. Seasoned with s&p, plus a pinch of nutmeg. Goes well with pretty much any internal organ meat.
Asparagus with lemon vinaigrette— acidity cuts through the richness of the sweetbreads.
Roasted potatoes with parsley & lemon — same reason as above.
Rice Pilaf — savory, light; compliments nicely the sweetbreads & any sauce

Reactions: kit s
Lucky duck.

No sides for me: just pass some crusty bread with those sweetbreads. It's only a vehicle to transport it into your mouth anyway.

Many years ago I made Veal Sweetbreads in a Red Wine Sauce as a demo for my students. It was delicious...JJ

LOVE calf sweetbreads - the thyroid glands!
As do I! Delicate to prep and make. Not the most appetizing to look at on the counter, but tasty!
They are actually made of the Thymus glands, and sometimes they'll include the pancreas.
:emoji_flushed::emoji_dizzy_face::emoji_dizzy_face:
sweetbreads.png

It's interesting. Some recipes say peel and saute. Others have you poach and press them for 24 hours and then saute. I've not tried both methods so I don't know if there is a difference in texture. The one I made were poached and pressed. Had a texture like firm Tofu...JJ

Creamed spinach. Seasoned with s&p, plus a pinch of nutmeg. Goes well with pretty much any internal organ meat.
Asparagus with lemon vinaigrette— acidity cuts through the richness of the sweetbreads.
Roasted potatoes with parsley & lemon — same reason as above.
Rice Pilaf — savory, light; compliments nicely the sweetbreads & any sauce
Thanks gave me a direction.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky