Surgery #3 for 2022 is this week

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
Well, in a couple days I am having my third surgery for 2022, ought to be the last. The PITA is we moved and my insurance is in Utah, and I maxed out the deductible and out of pocket There so its financially very beneficial to have it done in UT. So I am flying back for surgery. I fear it’s gonna be a painful flight. the procedure is to remove a plate and several screws in my ankle. And I need to fly home same day. It’s a one hour flight. This will be the fourth time this incision site has been cut open so I kinda think the nerves are toast at this point - dunno.

I’ll report back after its all over.

Hey Dave I have a wide assortment of screwdrivers, a dremel and some super glue or duct tape. Just saying if you want to save a few bucks. As for qualifications. I took an anatomy and physiology class back in 79. I got an A- if I recall correctly and there can't be to much of a difference between a frog, cat and human.

Hope all goes well and praying for a speedy recovery.

Chris

Hey Dave I have a wide assortment of screwdrivers, a dremel and some super glue or duct tape. Just saying if you want to save a few bucks. As for qualifications. I took an anatomy and physiology class back in 79. I got an A- if I recall correctly and there can't be to much of a difference between a frog, cat and human.

Chris
I've been a nurse for 30 yrs. I bet between the two of us and a few youtube videos we can figure it out.
Prayers for safe flights and good healing,
Jim

Chris
I got all A's too back in 79. My A's were for Absent.

Get well soon

Many thanks for all the support and offers - I think I will stick with the professionals on this one.

As an added bonus we are expecting a snow storm all night till noon and we will need to leave mid morning.

Good luck Dave, I hope you can find your way back on the mountains this year. Why does the surgery have to be in UT? is that where all the orthopedist you have been working with are located?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky