Superbowl 50 smoke with pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

four20

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 21, 2016
Laurens S.C.
All right its kick-off time. No the game hasn’t started but the smokers have.

First on the field the 15 Lb packer untrimmed.

Removed 3 Lb of fat

Now rubbed with a light slathering of spicy brown mustard, kosher salt, coarse black pepper, and dry onion soup mix.

Now I have to fold this thing in half to cook in the BB'Q grillware vertical propane smoker, but its not my first, and will not be the last. It went on @ 2:30 et currently running 325F for the first hour.Then ill slip it back to 225-250 f.

Stay tuned the pork is in the locker room now getting ready to come into play.

Reactions: GaryHibbert
I'm in!! 

bluesbros.gif

Ok here it is dressed and waiting

We have 23 lb, but coach will only allow me to cook this 8 lb butt. She can be mean sometimes.

Its slathered in my Frank Underwood’s combination rub. I am allowing it to set at room temp until 5:30 et and it will go in the smoker.

Ill take pics of the brisket when it goes in. The smoker has now been lowered in temp to 235-250 f. Now lets get ready for the chicken parts.

Last edited:
The wifey is prep-ping her braided loaf dough and mix for her sweet cornbread blue cheese waffles which we serve the brisket on.

Link for ABT recipe for low heat?

Lets talk chicken parts. My chicken quarters part of them anyway is going into my buffalo brine in a 10 qt pot.

now generally its this recipe

2 cups white vinegar

1 cup water

12 oz franks hot sauce

3 tblsp dry onion soup mix.

1/4 cup salt

1/4 cup sugar

They will set in this brine for the next 6-7 hours before going on the smoker.

Last edited:
The brisket stalled at 151, at 160 I add the buffalo chicken quarters.

Last edited:
Ok the brisket has finally moved beyond its stall point. and is now 185F so the wifey has now mixed her starter into her dry goods. She is making a braided 24 inch loaf.

Seems like we are cooking for a large group but i think there will only be 8 or 10 eating.

Now there is no crutch holding up my brisket. Just low and slow. She is starting to jiggle and shake. MMMMMMMM

Last edited:
Ok Here we go

First off the buffalo brined chicken quarters.

I dont have a better pic. I will post one but they are resting right now. The baby started screaming meat.. meat.

Next off at an IT of 194f is the brisket.

It is now unfolded and resting in the cooler with the chicken. you can stick you finger thru it.

Last but not least the pork butt. Which is wrapped in foiL and back on the smoker. It still need to come up another 10 degrees. All that beef fat kept it cooling in the smoker.

And Now the dough has doubled so its time to divide and braid it.

I will get more pics soon. The meats are tired especially the brisket. Its been a long 24 hours. Me I am one tired puppy. I do sleep, but my smoke alarm goes off every hour so I can check temps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky