Sunday Piedmontese Tri Tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinGame

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 11, 2018
Sullivan, IN
This little beauty has been sitting in my freezer since before Christmas. Two pound Piedmontese Tri Tip. Tx Smoker put me onto these a few weeks ago and I am looking forward to the results ... as long as I don't mess it up.

She went in the frig with a dry rub of salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, garlic and little rosemary for about 10 hours. Kinda of wish I had go more S&P only, but we will see.

IMG_1456.jpg

Decided to smoke it on the WSM. The WSM sure can generate some heat. With it 30F outside, it took me an hour to get her down to 225F. But she is looking good.
IMG_1457.jpg

Now to wait before I start a little rice and asparagus to go with this.

IMG_1459.jpg

More later ... even if I mess it up!

Here is the final. Cut and ready for the plate.

IMG_1461.jpg

A little wild rice and asparagus filling the plate.

IMG_1462.jpg

The final product was pretty darn good. I think my wife and I managed to finish of 1-1/4 pounds of the 2. (Little left for a sammy tomorrow.)

Couple things for improvement. Less or even no paprika. My wife thought it was good with the paprika, but I am little more S&P person. Also, need to plan for a final sear better. Watching football while talking with my wife and I didn't get the grill warmed up soon enough. Thought I might over cook it by waiting on the grill, so the sear was cut short. In hind sight 2-3 more minutes would have been okay.

The Piedmontese was definitely a nice cut. You can easily see and feel the difference in muscle structure. Can't wait to try the Piedmontese rib roast and cap steaks in the freezer.

Someone was depressed because he only got a couple bites. (Last time we smoked a rib roast, he consumed 2 large slices, sneaking them off the counter while we were eating.)

IMG_1464.jpg

I will be trying it again.

Terrific looking meal! Nice job! And poor puppy lol!

Ryan

Looks awesome nice job

Looks Mighty Tasty SG!!!
Done just right!
Does it taste like Bigfoot meat?
They're about as easy to find around here, as a Bigfoot is!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky