• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin 2 ways

millerbuilds

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 13, 2013
Happy Sunday everyone.
Decided to smoke up a couple of pork tenderloins. Since they come two to a pack, I thought I would stuff each one a bit different.

Pork Tenderloin #1
I butterflied the tenderloin and stuffed it with a blend of Mushroom, Onion, Spinach, Garlic, and Feta Cheese. I saute'd the shrooms, onions, and spinach.
IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

After letting it cool, I added the garlic and pulsed it a few times in the food processor.
Then spread the mixture on to the tenderloin. Tossing the feta in last (not pictured).
IMG_0749.jpg

Wrapped it up in Bacon and ready for the pit! I made some bites out of the left over stuffing and the tails. Prior to adding the bacon, I dusted the loin with some of my Rub #7
IMG_0751.jpg

Tenderloin #2
I decided to go with an Italian version.
I roasted up some red bell peppers
IMG_0748.jpg

Following roasting, I put them in bowl covered with plastic wrap, the steam helps the skins release.
IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

I dusted the loin with some Italian Seasoning, Garlic, Salt and Pepper. Then added Spinach, Provolone Cheese, and the Bell Peppers. Rolled it up, dusted it with some more Italian Seasoning,Garlic, Pepper and wrapped with bacon!
IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

They are hanging in the fridge waiting for their turn in the pit.

More to come....

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Attachments

jaxgatorz

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 30, 2008
I'll be watching this !! Great start..

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Nice job on those tenders Jason. I've done similar with the loin, but never the tenderloin.

Point for sure.

Chris

millerbuilds

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 13, 2013
Finished it. They both turned out great, the family loved them both. The only change I will make next time, is less garlic in the mushroom/onion/feta stuffing.

Smoked with cherry wood and lump charcoal.
IMG_0764.jpg

Mushroom/Onion/Spinach/Feta/Garlic
IMG_0767.jpg

The Italian
IMG_0769.jpg

So I had some extra Mushroom/Onion/Feta/Spinach filling..... Mushroom stuffed mushrooms, is that a thing?
IMG_0770.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

schlotz

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 13, 2015
Looks really good! 225º until IT of 140º ?

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Beautiful Job, Jason!!:)
Nicely Done & Looks Great !!!
Like.

Bear

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Jason, those look fantastic!
I really like your choice of ingredients & I like the fact that you just wrapped the tenderloin with one layer of bacon, instead of the bacon weave. I hate having half of the bacon cooked & half still chewy. Very nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!!!
Al

KrisUpInSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 1, 2018
All looks very good! Yes, do those mushrooms. I chop up the stems and cook them with the rest of the stuffing for my stuffed mushrooms.

Last edited:

millerbuilds

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 13, 2013
Jason, those look fantastic!
I really like your choice of ingredients & I like the fact that you just wrapped the tenderloin with one layer of bacon, instead of the bacon weave. I hate having half of the bacon cooked & half still chewy. Very nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!!!
Al
Al, I am so glad that you mentioned the bacon wrap, I have never understood the basket weave of bacon! I guess there are two of us out there. It was a fun cook and it was a hit with the family!
Thanks much!

Smoke ON!
- Jason

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Great job Jason!!
Both tenderloins look delicious, but the one with the red pepper looks fantastic.
And its hard to go wrong with smoked stuffed shrooms.
As for the bacon weave, I like it simply for an impressive oresentation. Personally I just want ALL tge bacon crisp.
POINT
Gary

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.