Stuffed Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Not a lot of pics it is messy LOL
Cut tops off peppers save remove seeds
Mixture is Ground Beef 80/20 white Rice,Tomato soup,1 egg
100_6725.JPG

Add more soup to the top & a few cans to the pot
100_6726.JPG

Bring to a boil then turn it down to simmer 30 minutes
Serve covered with cheese or plain with more soup
100_6729.JPG

Plain is good also I like some white bread for sopping up the sauce
100_6732.JPG

Thanks for looking
Richie

Funny I watched a PBS show with the cajun cook Keven Belton yesterday and he did about the same thing. I was thinking "man I want to make some!", but my family does not like bell peppers....

Yours look great! thanks for sharing

Looks Great, Richie!!!:)
Always loved it.---Like.
Mrs Bear now makes "Unstuffed Peppers" with the Peppers chopped up & mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
You just reminded me---We're about due for some!!
Mrs Bear's Unstuffed Peppers

Bear

Last edited:
... I was thinking "man I want to make some!", but my family does not like bell peppers....

Although everyone is different, my wife also does not like bell peppers (green), but when I use either red or orange peppers (especially the orange because they are sweeter), she actually enjoys them.

Those look excellent, Richie!

Reactions: zippy12
They look great Richie!
We use poblanos a lot of the time to give them a bit of a kick!
Also try Hot Italian sausage instead of the ground beef.
Just something to play around with!
Nice job!
Al

Looks great!
One of my favorite soups is called a Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup. It's basically all the ingredients done in soup... awesome!!!

I think I have made stuffed bell peppers once in my life and as long as I live in my current area I may not be making them from scratch because Costco sells a take and bake stuffed bell peppers dish that is very very good for being store bought. That is how I ago about getting my stuffed bell pepper fix now :D I love the things! but not the mess :)

Funny I watched a PBS show with the cajun cook Keven Belton yesterday and he did about the same thing. I was thinking "man I want to make some!", but my family does not like bell peppers....

zippy Try some Cubanelle Peppers or do like Mrs Bears Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks Great, Richie!!!:)
Always loved it.---Like.
Mrs Bear now makes "Unstuffed Peppers" with the Peppers chopped up & mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
You just reminded me---We're about due for some!!
Mrs Bear's Unstuffed Peppers

Bear
Bear Thanks for the link also thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Another one of my favorites from my childhood. I had the sense to learn how to make these from my mom.

They look delicious! Wish I was there to share them with you. Invited, of course.

John
John Thank I seen your post on the stuffed cabbage I use this filling when I make Galumpkis,if your over this way you are welcome to join us.
Richie

Although everyone is different, my wife also does not like bell peppers (green), but when I use either red or orange peppers (especially the orange because they are sweeter), she actually enjoys them.

Those look excellent, Richie!
Pete I use to get some Purple Bell peppers they were sweet & never repeated on me.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Like others, my wife doesn't like the bell pepper's either, but still ask me to make this dish every few months. She eats the stuffing and leaves the pepper. I dice up the tops and some onion in the meat mixture and use diced tomatoes instead of soup.

I made a batch for the Pot Luck at our RV park last year, but accidentally grabbed Mexican diced tomatoes instead of regular. Definitely kicked them up a notch, and I brought home an empty container.

They look great Richie!
We use poblanos a lot of the time to give them a bit of a kick!
Also try Hot Italian sausage instead of the ground beef.
Just something to play around with!
Nice job!
Al
Al Thanks I have used a few different Peppers and I think, the only stuffing I haven't used is Kielbasi
Thanks for the like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks great!
One of my favorite soups is called a Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup. It's basically all the ingredients done in soup... awesome!!!

I think I have made stuffed bell peppers once in my life and as long as I live in my current area I may not be making them from scratch because Costco sells a take and bake stuffed bell peppers dish that is very very good for being store bought. That is how I ago about getting my stuffed bell pepper fix now :D I love the things! but not the mess :)
I hear ya on the mess,if you like the stores go for it.I always make these to my taste,thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Like others, my wife doesn't like the bell pepper's either, but still ask me to make this dish every few months. She eats the stuffing and leaves the pepper. I dice up the tops and some onion in the meat mixture and use diced tomatoes instead of soup.

I made a batch for the Pot Luck at our RV park last year, but accidentally grabbed Mexican diced tomatoes instead of regular. Definitely kicked them up a notch, and I brought home an empty container.

Pete thanks 1 of my kids loves the insides but leaves the pepper LOL I usually put some hot sauce on mine.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky