Storing Homemade BBQ Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ha Ha thats a lot of sauce. Must be going to a competition somewhere , I need directions

David
Restaurant depot, they are like Sam's Club on steroids.

SBR's and KC Masterpiece are popular and they sell. But I wonder how many restaurants or food trucks start with a popular name brand sauce, and jazz it up a hair to make it appear it's made in-house?

how many restaurants or food trucks start with a popular name brand sauce, and jazz it up a hair to make it appear it's made in-house?

Of coarse they do, go with a good base and add on . Look at our sauce, tastes good right.

Worked in a few restaurants in my earlier jobs before I started swinging hammers. There is a lot of that.

David

Half Head Country Hot and half KC Masterpiece is one of my go to sauces for my taste buds. My second one is a home made something a little similar to Sweet Baby Rays with a little more kick and smoke flavor. I typically have a 64oz catsup bottle of each in the frig I do not worry about going bad till I make up the next batch. I have made Jeff's Sauce which is good but a little too time consuming for me to do on a regular basis. Experimenting making scratch sauces is time consuming but interesting to find what your taste buds like for that particular day. Thanks for everyone sharing their storage suggestions.

SBR's and KC Masterpiece are popular and they sell. But I wonder how many restaurants or food trucks start with a popular name brand sauce, and jazz it up a hair to make it appear it's made in-house?

Cattleman's Sauces used to be restaurant supply only sauces years ago and a great many BBQ joints used them openly or disguised and/or tweaked as their special secret sauces. There is a mustard sauce joint in town that I suspect uses Cattleman's Carolina Gold as their secret sauce.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky