Step by Step

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ga.roadhog

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Okay here we go. Cooking 45 racks of baby backs this Sat. for a local comp. (Ribs only, meat purchased by sponsor) Tonight I got started. Mixed 15 batches of Jeff's rub (I now know what balance is
icon_razz.gif
). My forearms are dead. I have ground all I care to for a while. Tomorrow I'm making 1 gallon of sauce to serve on the side if anyone wants it.

Thursday I'll pick the meat up and ice it down (it's all fresh). Friday evening we'll strip the membrane and put the rub on while having an adult beverage or 5 or 10...

Someone will be taking pics Sat. and Sun. I'll post the view.

Boy howdy! I surely look forward to those pics! Good luck on your endeavor. It'll likely be something you'll always remember.

45 racks of baby backs, man them suckers go for about 4.00lb, average rack costs about 18.00. Dude you better win just to pay for the ribs.
Good luck, if you have any left, just shoot up 95 and I'll meet you when you hit Philly. I'll be the big guy with droll running down his mouth.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky