The Throwdown made me do it

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
I really got hungry for some ribs after watching the rib throwdown, had a day off so in go the ribs. Rubbed them down last night with my Memphis rub, got the mes fired up this morning to 240 with the mailbox burning some hickory, smoked for almost 6 hours, no wrapping no spritzing. Now I'll let them rest and we'll have them for supper. But I had to try a few. Thanks for stopping by. Jim
20230726_064759.jpg
20230726_070907.jpg
20230726_125959.jpg
20230726_133439.jpg

I really got hungry for some ribs after watching the rib throwdown, had a day off so in go the ribs. Rubbed them down last night with my Memphis rub, got the mes fired up this morning to 240 with the mailbox burning some hickory, smoked for almost 6 hours, no wrapping no spritzing. Now I'll let them rest and we'll have them for supper. But I had to try a few. Thanks for stopping by. JimView attachment 671670View attachment 671671View attachment 671672View attachment 671674
Absolutely! Look at the meat on those bad boys! Love it.

Fred

Dang I just finished lunch. But now I want a couple of those bones.
Looks mighty good.

Jim

I really got hungry for some ribs after watching the rib throwdown, had a day off so in go the ribs. Rubbed them down last night with my Memphis rub, got the mes fired up this morning to 240 with the mailbox burning some hickory, smoked for almost 6 hours, no wrapping no spritzing. Now I'll let them rest and we'll have them for supper. But I had to try a few. Thanks for stopping by. JimView attachment 671670View attachment 671671View attachment 671672saView attachment 671674
nice specimens. my target for Saturday's 2nd WSM smoke.

Those look great Jim.
Did some up Sunday with Holy Voodoo (Meat Church) seasoning. Hickory/Cherry mix. Put tin of water in to hold moisture.

Dang Jim those ribs look good. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky