St. Louis style ribs on the Woodwind

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Geebs

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 9, 2018
Olathe, Kansas
Had a chance to fire up the Woodwind yesterday and smoke some beautiful St. Louis Style Ribs. Used the 3-2-1 Method.

Started with Jeff’s rub, I really use his for everything because I like it that much. Set up the smoker at 225 and added some apple pellets to my AMNTS.
5A5B373C-4272-43C3-83A1-3C01509BD1E2.jpeg
8AAB029D-8311-4653-B80B-49F1C9CE8B4F.jpeg

Cooked for 3 hours and then pulled them and wrapped them with a little apple juice and let them cook for the 2 hours. At the 2 hour mark I removed the foil and placed back on the smoker for the remaining hour. After 15 min I started applying Blues Hogs regular bbq sauce. I really like this sauce for ribs, it is super sweet as we like it here in Kansas City. I painted the sauce on every 10 min for 30 min and then let it sit in the smoker for the remaining hour. They turned out incredible.
E6B7EB55-3EF1-48DD-A8BE-11BA2C1EE5D5.jpeg
4EE2F3D4-2B84-4DD1-BA69-A5BF717DD189.jpeg

Along with the ribs I mixed up a batch of cheesy corn and jalapeño cheesy corn and placed them in foil containers and had them on the smoker for the last 2 hours. Also bought some cheddar bacon brats that I let smoke for the last 2 hours and they were delicious as well but the main focus was on the ribs. My wife who usually isn’t a big fan of anything with fat on it cleaned her ribs to the bone!
61391728-A7DD-4FD7-8259-B15B25897B54.jpeg

Thanks for looking! Happy smoking!

Nice job man! Everything looks great. In a few days, I'm making a trip to my local BBQ store to pick up some things. Blues Hogs Sauce is on the list!

Great looking ribs Geebs, wicked pullback on the bones. Clue us in on the cheesy jalapeno corn, was it jalapeno cheese or did you add jalapeno's to the cheese and corn. Looks great a must do.

Point for sure.

Chris

32 oz bag of corn
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
4 oz cream cheese
2 tbsp butter
4 tsp flour
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 chopped jalapeño

Melt butter in large sauce pan. Add flour, milk, and garlic powder until thick. Turn to low add in cheeses, stirring continuously. Add jalapeño once cheese is melted and mix. Add corn and stir together. I put mine in those foil pans and put it on the smoker for 2 hours, prob only needed 1 1/2 hours. Very yummy.

Reactions: pc farmer
Thanks Geebs, I will be doing this pretty soon.

Chris

Nice job man! Everything looks great. In a few days, I'm making a trip to my local BBQ store to pick up some things. Blues Hogs Sauce is on the list!

Adam have you had the Blues Hogs before? I tried it for the first time a month ago and fell in love!

Adam have you had the Blues Hogs before? I tried it for the first time a month ago and fell in love!
No I haven't yet! But, I found a BBQ store near me and they sell it by the gallon or bottle so it was definitely interesting.

Let me know what you think of it if you get some. It is super sweet, but man everyone was raving about it on the ribs last night. I was worried buying the half gallon but I know I won’t have any trouble going through it.

That’s kinda sorta like the creamed corn my mom used to make......only better. Think I’m gonna have to try that one this summer when we get corn off the daughter’s in laws farm.

That’s kinda sorta like the creamed corn my mom used to make......only better. Think I’m gonna have to try that one this summer when we get corn off the daughter’s in laws farm.
I love creamed corn as well. This recipe is a little cheesy and thicker then creamed corn. My wife loves this stuff.

That all looks great. Never tried creamed corn on the smoker.

Congrats on making the banner.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky