Sriracha Pickled Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Today is Sriracha pickled eggs day. Only 1 jar here because my wife she no like.

Here is the recipe i used.

Sriracha  Pickled Eggs

1/3 cup Sriracha hot pepper sauce
1 1/2 cups white vinegar
1 cup water
1 small onion, sliced thin
3 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1 tsp. salt

12 hard boiled eggs, shelled

Combine everything except the eggs in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Let it cool some and pour it over your jar of eggs. Refrigerate. 
They are best after about three days, but can be enjoyed a day later.

These shall be made! The boys and I love that stuff! Let us see a pic when you remove the first.

When it came to a boil, how bad was the vapor cloud? Just a pickling solution with vinegar gets bad, I can only imagine it with Sriracha too!

These shall be made! The boys and I love that stuff! Let us see a pic when you remove the first.

When it came to a boil, how bad was the vapor cloud? Just a pickling solution with vinegar gets bad, I can only imagine it with Sriracha too!
Wasnt to bad, my toy schitzu's were still breathing...lol

Apparently your pup has better tolerance than the folks in CA who couldn't handle the fumes and tried to shut Hung Foy down....
I'm a Calif native, 33 years. My mom is mexican so i can handle hot stuff  
laugh1.gif

Half bottle of eggs, half bottle of kielbasa.

I need to cook this stuff outside.

I'll be outside after eating them too.

Fresh air is the key on both ends.

This will be deadly, ain't it great.

Ed

Today is Sriracha pickled eggs day. Only 1 jar here because my wife she no like.

Here is the recipe i used.

Sriracha Pickled Eggs

1/3 cup Sriracha hot pepper sauce
1 1/2 cups white vinegar
1 cup water
1 small onion, sliced thin
3 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1 tsp. salt

12 hard boiled eggs, shelled

Combine everything except the eggs in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Let it cool some and pour it over your jar of eggs. Refrigerate. 
They are best after about three days, but can be enjoyed a day later.

Oh yummy...I need to cold smoke some more eggs on Monday and will mix a batch up of this. My batch I did cold smoked were a lot better than just smoked it the shell. My wife dislikes when I drink beer and eat them so is for guys night only.

Reactions: disco
If I made a jar of these and my wife found them, I'd have to be heading for the hills! I toyed with the idea this last weekend when she was gone. But I knew that the sauerkraut would be pushing the limit!

Nepas, thanks for the recipe, great stuff.

[quote name="ChileRelleno" url="/t[CENTER][/CENTER]/253127/sriracha-pickled-eggs#post_1620490"]Oh hell yeah, these will be made this weekend.
I bet the flatulence from these bombs is extraordinary.
[/quote]
My eggs are going on a month now and are deliciously spicy hot.
I added a lot of heat mine through various means, Jalapenos, El Yucateco Habanero XXX and Hillbilly Gunpowder.
And I'm afraid I've concocted a dangerous brew and there are risks involved with eating these depth charges.

"Of course it could be that I just don't have the cast iron guts of my youth any longer"

One (1) egg = Not me honey, had to be the dog.
Two (2) eggs = LOL, drove the kids out of the room... Did I just shart myself?
Three (3) eggs = We'll just stick with two at a time after that...

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky