• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Spring Brisket

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dukeburger

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2009
Guilting and goading really does work.
banana_smiley.gif

Like the breakfast beer on the railing also.
icon14.gif
It's an irish cream in my coffee kind of morning 
52.gif

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Might turn out to be the best brisket you have ever had!

Al

dukeburger

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2009

Might turn out to be the best brisket you have ever had!

Al
I'm hoping so!

I took a peak and that extra fat I put on there has all rendered very nicely. Glad I thought of that, I'm interested to see how that works out.

geezer

Smoking Fanatic
Feb 24, 2017
Yikes! Woke up and pit temp was at 147F. IT at 145F. Must've hit the snooze button on the Maverick.

Got a few hours of sleep anyways...temp climbing back up now. I'll let her run around 275F for a while to catch up.

Low and slow, right? ;)

dukeburger

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2009
She is done. Probe tender at 196F at 8:15ish pm Mountain time.

Burnt ends are on. Tossed in a mixture of BBQ sauce and Honey Habanero hot sauce. Flat is resting nicely wrapped up in foil and towels in a cooler.

dukeburger

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2009
I noticed there is no smoke ring on the point I chopped up, so I'm expecting the same with the flat. The last time I had an amazing smoke ring when I used Royal Oak lump. I used Kingsford Original briqs this time as they were on sale at Wally-World.

Just an Interesting note.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky