Spicy Grilled 6-Cheese Lasagna (W / Lotsa Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This makes me wonder how a smoked lasagna done with maybe a wood like Alder would come out!!!!

Somehow I managed to overlook this. One of the most amazing flavored lasagnas I've ever done was a veggie rendition I made for a friend of ours and cooked it on the BGE with oak lump charcoal. The flavor was just off the charts!! A nice hint of grilled / smoked flavor that was insanely good. For this one I didn't have time to fire up the BGE and the only pellets I have tor the Rec Tec are much stronger than I think would be good but Alder or apple would most likely be excellent. I'd run it at a higher temp though to brown and crust up the top. That's my favorite part :emoji_wink:

Robert

You & Chile just keep making me look bad.
You guys keep making all these elaborate meal displays, and all I can muster up is Prime Ribs, Hams, and an array of Sammies.
Awesome!!

Thank you Bear!! Please sir, don't discount your contributions to this forum. You have created a legacy here and it's people like you that inspire others to get better, push ourselves, and push the boundaries of creativity. Additionally, I've seen you turn out a whole lot more than the few things you mention here. What I'm about to say is a much larger chasm than what is happening in SMF, but it'll put things into perspective. Henry Ford revolutionized the automobile industry with his manufacturing brilliance and his ingenuity. Look where the auto industry has gone. If other folks had not kept pushing the same boundaries, we'd all still be driving a Model T. Same principles apply here, just on a smaller scale. Although not nearly as antiquated as Henry's legacy, yours will be here for a LONG time. People like me will continue to help others learn as you have helped so many of us learn. A hundred years from now people will still be making your BBBB and your dried beef, I can promise you that. It's just too good!!

Ok...I'm done now,
Robert

Somehow I managed to overlook this. One of the most amazing flavored lasagnas I've ever done was a veggie rendition I made for a friend of ours and cooked it on the BGE with oak lump charcoal. The flavor was just off the charts!! A nice hint of grilled / smoked flavor that was insanely good. For this one I didn't have time to fire up the BGE and the only pellets I have tor the Rec Tec are much stronger than I think would be good but Alder or apple would most likely be excellent. I'd run it at a higher temp though to brown and crust up the top. That's my favorite part :emoji_wink:

Robert

That's great to hear! I'm with you on the crust on top. If I ever smoked one I would definitely finish in the oven with the broiler or something like that :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky