Special Request, Bound and Determined

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
My youngest son had a special request for Sliced pork instead of Pulled.
So I rubbed a boneless butt with extra love, bound it securely to help with even cooking and I'm determined to make him happy.

It's in the smoker with Hickory at 245°-260°, aiming to pull at an IT of 170°.

Here it is all prepped and ready.

As usual, an early start requires a good breakfast.

Huevos Rancheros con Tocino
Freshly made refried beans
Double thick weave of bacon spiced with Cayenne
Three fresh eggs sunny side up
Toasted tortillas

That does it.  I'm going on a ChileRelleno diet.  All I need to do is look at John's pics to get all my yummy calories for the day.  I just woke up, but with that pic above, I've had breakfast, and I haven't even started my coffee yet. 
points1.png

Should be tasty!

By asking for sliced is he thinking like ham? Just curious my oldest wanted that many moons ago so I did just as you are. When it was all done he liked it but said it didn't taste right. Turns out he was wanting ham. Solved that on the next one that brined in Pop's brine then smoked.

huevos rancheros is my favorite, also, if you have ever cruised on carnival cruiseline, there's are actually pretty good as well ,,.... nice job, points  
Looks-Great.gif
points.gif

That does it. I'm going on a ChileRelleno diet. All I need to do is look at John's pics to get all my yummy calories for the day. I just woke up, but with that pic above, I've had breakfast, and I haven't even started my coffee yet.
points1.png
Ray, ya better buy some bigger pants. :biggrin:
Thanks man, appreciate it.
Should be tasty!

By asking for sliced is he thinking like ham? Just curious my oldest wanted that many moons ago so I did just as you are. When it was all done he liked it but said it didn't taste right. Turns out he was wanting ham. Solved that on the next one that brined in Pop's brine then smoked.
No, he just prefers sliced to pulled, but usually gets over ruled by the rest of the family.

huevos rancheros is my favorite, also, if you have ever cruised on carnival cruiseline, there's are actually pretty good as well ,,.... nice job, points :Looks-Great: :points:
Thanks Griz, appreciate the breakfast point.
Well breakfast sure looks good!

Al
Nothing wrong with sliced butt now and then. you're a good dad.
Sounds like a good plan to me CR, that breakfast sure looks tasty! Thumbs Up
Thanks y'all.

That breakfast looks great, I would of opted for pork steaks personally butt the butt still looks tasty!

That breakfast looks great, I would of opted for pork steaks personally butt the butt still looks tasty!
Thanks.
I had a two pack of Butts. One went for the Guisado, and this one I originally planned to cut into CSRs, but my son had other plans for it.
Oh yeah, thanks for the Point too.

Damn you chile ... looks real nice ,,, I usually do picnic roasts like this .. wish you lived next door ,, 
Looks-Great.gif
points.gif

Your killin' me Chile! Stop it! How can anyone keep a girlish figure with you posting stuff like that?

Damn you chile ... looks real nice ,,, I usually do picnic roasts like this .. wish you lived next door ,, :Looks-Great: :points:
Thanks Griz, I'll have to try it with a picnic roast.
See how you're, making me buy more meat to smoke... Ohnoes.
If we lived next door to each other, or just next another avid smoker, we could throw some huge cookouts.
Just put a gate on the fence line and let people mingle back-n-forth.
Nice job on the sliced pork. I've never done one--all my butts get pulled.

That breakfast looks GREAT. Love my eggs that way.

Gary
Thanks Gary,
yeah pretty much all Pulled here too, but I'm trying to break the monotony.
Ya know what they say, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." I take it to heart on smoking days.
Your killin' me Chile! Stop it! How can anyone keep a girlish figure with you posting stuff like that?
LOL... Better buy ya a girdle.
My cardiologist says I'm killing myself too... But then he asks for an invite to my next big smoke.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky