Special Burger Sauce (on My Deerburgers)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA

OK—You’ve all seen my attempts on coming up with a “Special Sauce” like McDonalds & Burger King use on their Big Mac & Whopper sandwiches.
Well they came out pretty good, but not really what I was going for.
Then I got a Brainstorm. It was just a Small Storm, but you all know what I had to work with. LOL
So I thought about “Kraft Sandwich Spread”. I love that stuff.
I started out with that stuff in my Elementary school lunches. It wasn’t real filling, but neither was the PB & J or the Lebanon Bologna Sammies (with one Thin slice of Lebanon Bologna ) that I got on the other days of the school week.
Then for the rest of my life, we always had a jar of Kraft Sandwich Spread in the Fridge for an emergency quick sandwich snack.
Also for the last 40 years, I’ve been using it as Tartar Sauce with my Fried Shrimp, Fried Scallops, and Fried Fish. I love it that way. Those same items “Broiled” get melted butter with them, but the Fried & Deep Fried Stuff always get Sandwich Spread as Tartar Sauce.
So my Brain Storm was to spread a good amount of Kraft Sandwich Spread on my Rolls, before adding the Burgers, Lettuce, Maters, just like they add the “Other Stuff” to the Big Mac & the Whopper.
I tried it a couple times & IMHO it’s much better than either of my attempts on the “Special Sauce” Matching I did awhile back.
I will be doing this more often, and I started buying this stuff in 6 packs (6 jars of 15 ounces each), since I now use it for so many things.

SO Now Lets Get to the Burgers:
We usually get 6 burgers out of one of my packs of Deerburger, but this time we got bigger Buns, so we made the Burgers Bigger, and I only got 4 Burgers out of this Pack.
So I grilled these up on my “Q”, and melted a slice of American Cheese on my first one.
Then I brought them to the kitchen, and spread a nice coating of Kraft Sandwich Spread on both sides of the Bun. Then I put the Burger on the Bun, and Some Pickle Chips on the side. I didn’t put anything else on the Burger, because I didn’t want anything affecting the flavor of my test, and there are no more Fresh Garden Tomatoes in PA at this late date.
NOTE: I only melt the cheese on the grill for the burgers I’m going to eat right away. Next day burgers get their cheese melted in the Microwave.
That’s about it, but expect to see Kraft Sandwich Spread on my Burgers more often in the future.

Bear

One 15 Ounce Jar of Kraft Sandwich Spread:
71dhmzPovuL._AC_UL320_ML3_.jpg

Four Big Deerburgers on my "Q":
IMG_4307.jpg

Closer Look:
IMG_4308.jpg

Got some nice Grill Marks:
IMG_4309.jpg

Step Back-----Here's where we're At:
IMG_4310.jpg

Getting there:
IMG_4311.jpg

Gotta Melt some Cheese on my First one:
IMG_4312.jpg

Going inside now:
IMG_4313.jpg

Good amount of Sandwich Spread on each half of My Bun:
IMG_4314.jpg

Then the Burger:
IMG_4315.jpg

Pickle Chips on the side:
IMG_4316.jpg

Next Day---Another of the Same:
IMG_4317.jpg

With Stackers, instead of Chips:

IMG_4318.jpg

Looks like those are some fine burgers Bear. I'm gonna have to look for that sandwich spread. I dont remember ever seeing that around here. Thats a great veiw you have while cooking the burgers!

Burgers look great. I used to use that sandwich spread all the time. I plain forgot about it.

Looks Great !! Swap you a Brisket sandwich for a Deer Burger

Gary

OK—You’ve all seen my attempts on coming up with a “Special Sauce” like McDonalds & Burger King use on their Big Mac & Whopper sandwiches.
Well they came out pretty good, but not really what I was going for.
Then I got a Brainstorm. It was just a Small Storm, but you all know what I had to work with. LOL
So I thought about “Kraft Sandwich Spread”. I love that stuff.
I started out with that stuff in my Elementary school lunches. It wasn’t real filling, but neither was the PB & J or the Lebanon Bologna Sammies (with one Thin slice of Lebanon Bologna ) that I got on the other days of the school week.
Then for the rest of my life, we always had a jar of Kraft Sandwich Spread in the Fridge for an emergency quick sandwich snack.
Also for the last 40 years, I’ve been using it as Tartar Sauce with my Fried Shrimp, Fried Scallops, and Fried Fish. I love it that way. Those same items “Broiled” get melted butter with them, but the Fried & Deep Fried Stuff always get Sandwich Spread as Tartar Sauce.
So my Brain Storm was to spread a good amount of Kraft Sandwich Spread on my Rolls, before adding the Burgers, Lettuce, Maters, just like they add the “Other Stuff” to the Big Mac & the Whopper.
I tried it a couple times & IMHO it’s much better than either of my attempts on the “Special Sauce” Matching I did awhile back.
I will be doing this more often, and I started buying this stuff in 6 packs (6 jars of 15 ounces each), since I now use it for so many things.

SO Now Lets Get to the Burgers:
We usually get 6 burgers out of one of my packs of Deerburger, but this time we got bigger Buns, so we made the Burgers Bigger, and I only got 4 Burgers out of this Pack.
So I grilled these up on my “Q”, and melted a slice of American Cheese on my first one.
Then I brought them to the kitchen, and spread a nice coating of Kraft Sandwich Spread on both sides of the Bun. Then I put the Burger on the Bun, and Some Pickle Chips on the side. I didn’t put anything else on the Burger, because I didn’t want anything affecting the flavor of my test, and there are no more Fresh Garden Tomatoes in PA at this late date.
NOTE: I only melt the cheese on the grill for the burgers I’m going to eat right away. Next day burgers get their cheese melted in the Microwave.
That’s about it, but expect to see Kraft Sandwich Spread on my Burgers more often in the future.

Bear

One 15 Ounce Jar of Kraft Sandwich Spread:
View attachment 424012

Four Big Deerburgers on my "Q":
View attachment 424013

Closer Look:
View attachment 424014

Got some nice Grill Marks:
View attachment 424015

Step Back-----Here's where we're At:
View attachment 424016

Getting there:
View attachment 424017

Gotta Melt some Cheese on my First one:
View attachment 424018

Going inside now:
View attachment 424019

Good amount of Sandwich Spread on each half of My Bun:
View attachment 424020

Then the Burger:
View attachment 424021

Pickle Chips on the side:
View attachment 424024

Next Day---Another of the Same:
View attachment 424025

With Stackers, instead of Chips:

View attachment 424026
Love Kraft sandwich spread, but they stopped making it as I was told by Kraft. so my question where are you finding this stuff. I miss it......oh and I would gladly eat one of your burgers. They look so good.

Love Kraft sandwich spread, but they stopped making it as I was told by Kraft. so my question where are you finding this stuff. I miss it......oh and I would gladly eat one of your burgers. They look so good.

I'll be dammed. My local Walmart carries it.

Now my brain stem is smoking. I remember how this spread tasted. And I'm thinking if you mix this with thousand Island dressing I'm wondering how that would taste in comparison to the sauce from Burger Kings or McDonalds?

Looks like those are some fine burgers Bear. I'm gonna have to look for that sandwich spread. I dont remember ever seeing that around here. Thats a great veiw you have while cooking the burgers!

Thank You Sow!!
Yes it really is nice living in the Woods---So Peaceful.

Bear

Thank You Kit !!!
No they didn't stop making it.
Last time I ordered 12 jars from WallyWorld.
Other places sell it on the Web, but anything a little hard to find I wait & order from WallyWorld. If you get $35 worth of stuff, You get Free Shipping. 2 or 3 days Free Delivery.

Bear

Kit, I heard that the State of California outlawed it because of the warning that they put on all labels there, you know the one right?
snicker, snicker snort, snort, :emoji_wink:.

Burgers look great. I used to use that sandwich spread all the time. I plain forgot about it.

Thank You Steve!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks Great !! Swap you a Brisket sandwich for a Deer Burger

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
If only we could do that---I'd be game!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I'll be dammed. My local Walmart carries it.

Yup---I get it from them.
Whenever I'm down to opening the last Jar, I make an order of 6 or 12 jars, along with some other things, like cans of Spam, Marinades, etc. Over $35 order = Free Shipping (2 or 3 days).
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Beautiful burgers, Bear! Big like. I will have to try the sandwich spread.

Thank You Disco!!
Give it a try & let me know how you like it on a burger.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Now my brain stem is smoking. I remember how this spread tasted. And I'm thinking if you mix this with thousand Island dressing I'm wondering how that would taste in comparison to the sauce from Burger Kings or McDonalds?

Give it a try & Report Back.
I'm liking it just the way it is out of the Jar.
I Might just leave it that way, unless you find a big improvement, because it would be nice if I could just use it right out of the Jar!!

Bear

Give it a try & Report Back.
I'm liking it just the way it is out of the Jar.
I Might just leave it that way, unless you find a big improvement, because it would be nice if I could just use it right out of the Jar!!

Bear

Ok, I'll let you know.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky