South of the Border sliders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those look awesome.

🤔 If I was gonna add on to that in any way, it would probably be by frying (at least) the middle tortilla in red chile

Reactions: jcam222
Holy Frijoles! I've gotta try mixing chorizo in burgers next grind. :emoji_thumbsup:

1626740234161.png

• Love
Geeze Jeff, Im speechless. Incredible meal. Nicely done.
Very impressive and thoughtful meal.....hell'of'ah job brother.
Those where was my thoughts.

That is off the charts! Guess you know by now my love of Mexican food. I might just drive to Ohio for that meal!
That's a beautiful looking meal, 1/2 pound of meat and than all the fixins. I would be all over that , and yes it would be all over me :emoji_yum:
Great job

David
Looks really good!

Great job!
They look great , nice pics
Damn that’s some tasty looking sliders! I might have to travel west of the border for a few of those!
Those look delicious Jeff!
Awesome sliders there my friend. Fine job on photos and posting.

Warren
OMG that look SO GOOD!
Not much to say but FANTASTIC!!!!
Al
Those are killer JCAM! Great job!
View attachment 504634

Wow Jeff. Another top notch meal. Looks amazing man!
That's call a tower of flavor right there!
Oh boy! Just wow man! Incredible!
Those look fantastic Jeff, and the pics are perfect.
Gary
WOWSERS

This is good looking sliders.
Heck ya, Jeff! They look really good!
Holy Frijoles! I've gotta try mixing chorizo in burgers next grind. :emoji_thumbsup:

View attachment 504691
Thanks so much for the compliments. This was very tasty. I’ve really been into the Mexican flavors lately. Next time I make them I’ll likely use 80/20 ground beef. The chorizo was lean enough that the overall burger using 90/10,with the chorizo was a tad leaner than I want.

Beautiful! Those last two pics look like they were from Food and Wine Magazine. Nice job...JJ
Man, that looks awesome. Your imagination and camera work are spot on.
Man Jeff, you knocked another one out of the galaxy!! That is nothing short of spectacular, the food, the presentation, and the camera work. No wonder we're gonna see you adorning the pages of calendar contest you won. Absolutely amazing buddy!!

Robert
Thanks guys!! I keep working on the plating along with pics and angles. Still using an IPhone and somewhat primitive lighting. I’ve got a new IPhone I need to get hooked up that has better camera options. Also recently got a big ring light but haven’t used it yet.

First class round ticket trip to Flavortown right there my friend. Awesome job! Big Like!
haha love the Guy Fieri reference! I post in a couple foodie fan groups of Triple D
Those look awesome.

🤔 If I was gonna add on to that in any way, it would probably be by frying (at least) the middle tortilla in red chile
Hmm I’m always up for new ways to do things. What do you mean fry it in red Chile?

haha love the Guy Fieri reference! I post in a couple foodie fan groups of Triple D
Hmm I’m always up for new ways to do things. What do you mean fry it in red Chile?
Like how birria tacos (or enchilada), but with a NM red chile sauce. I've only ever had them advertised as "red tacos"

You'd have to add some fat to the red chile, but then it's just dipping and frying.

Like how birria tacos (or enchilada), but with a NM red chile sauce. I've only ever had them advertised as "red tacos"

You'd have to add some fat to the red chile, but then it's just dipping and frying.
Good suggestion. I am going to save some spicy fat from something and use it for the tortillas.

Reactions: Hamdrew
Thanks so much for the compliments. This was very tasty. I’ve really been into the Mexican flavors lately. Next time I make them I’ll likely use 80/20 ground beef. The chorizo was lean enough that the overall burger using 90/10,with the chorizo was a tad leaner than I want.
Duly noted. I was thinking heavier on the chorizo ratio side too, maybe 60/40 or 70/30.
My go to for good chorizo is Logan's in Alexandria VA.
Their chorizo line includes:
Argentine Mild
Argentine Spicy
Argentine Smoked Mild
Argentine Smoked Spicy
Chicken
Mexican Hot
Mexican Smoked Hot
Jalapeno
Salvadoran

Family owned company, great products - check'em out.

Duly noted. I was thinking heavier on the chorizo ratio side too, maybe 60/40 or 70/30.
My go to for good chorizo is Logan's in Alexandria VA.
Their chorizo line includes:
Argentine Mild
Argentine Spicy
Argentine Smoked Mild
Argentine Smoked Spicy
Chicken
Mexican Hot
Mexican Smoked Hot
Jalapeno
Salvadoran

Family owned company, great products - check'em out.
I bought some Chicken Chorizo from a small private company in Ohio called Whitefeather Meats. It was amazing. They have a unique selection of beef along with bison and elk. Overall pretty pricey but I though the brats and sausages were reasonable.

Congratulations on the Feature! Looks absolutely amazing! Sorry it took me so long to comment as I thought I already had! Haha

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky