Hot dog sauce - similar to the Coney island sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wowsa
I need to make a batch. Years ago you and Chef Jimmy schooled me on making the correct cover sauce. Never thought boiled beef would yield that much flavor.
Hot sauce adds nicely for a flavor enhancer.

Reactions: gmc2003
That looks and sounds 100% legit Chris. Lots of good stuff in the mix, that's foe sure. Just one Q though: where's mine?? :emoji_wink: LEt us know how the family enjoys it.

Robert

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks good. I wonder how it would taste made in the smoker.
Thanks Peachey. I've always done it on the stove, but it should work fine in the smoker.
Nice!! I'm triggered. Time to make a batch to go with some Kowalski dogs.
Appreciate it Mr. Whipple. I usually make larger batches because it freezes well, and I like the idea of just popping out a smallish bag when I want.

Chris

Heck Yea Chris. That looks awesome. I'll take a plate of that any day for sure! Only problem....NO BEER POLE PICS!
LOL thanks Dave. This was an indoor cook. The thunder bumpers kind of put a damper on the drinking mode
That looks and sounds 100% legit Chris. Lots of good stuff in the mix, that's foe sure. Just one Q though: where's mine?? :emoji_wink: LEt us know how the family enjoys it.

Robert
Appreciate it Robert. It's making it's way up to my SIL beach house for a 4th of July party in a couple of hours. If there is any left I'll let ya know.

Chris

Thanks for sharing this, it is bookmarked. Will give it a shot in the future!

Dave
Thanks Dave, Towards the end sample it and add whatever you think is missing. The nice thing about recipes like this - is that you can alter them to your tastes.

Chris

Reactions: Flatrate
Thanks for sharing. Will definitely have to try it
Thanks SUP, tailor it to your lickings if you do.
Wowsa
I need to make a batch. Years ago you and Chef Jimmy schooled me on making the correct cover sauce. Never thought boiled beef would yield that much flavor.
Appreciate it John, I remember that convo with JJ. Simmering the beef removes clumps and is a great way to do ground beef dishes. I like to use broth to add a little more flavor.

Reactions: Fueling Around
That sounds great on a lot of things ,

Thanks Chris for the how to ,
the what on I am already making a list , lol

David
Thanks David. I use it mostly on dogs, but it does work for most foods that can handle a topping.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wowsa
I sometimes grind thrice and boil. It really is the way. The finer the mince on the beef the better it is to slop it on!

If there's none left that tells me what I wanted to know :emoji_wink:

Robert
We did manage to bring the bowl home.

I sometimes grind thrice and boil. It really is the way. The finer the mince on the beef the better it is to slop it on!
It also works great for chili if you using ground beef.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky